chapter twenty seven

// I was bored so I drew how dan and phil look in this book. sorry it's terrible lol ^_^

ALSO: this is the last chapter :'( there's still an epilogue though!! //

***

Dan ran as fast as he could.

His mind was all over the place, but the only thing he could really think of was Phil. Phil who saw the whole thing.

What was wrong with Dan? Why did he ever go down to talk to Bethany? Why did he ever trust her?

He was warned: she did the same to Zoe. Why didn't Dan listen to them? If there's one thing Dan has learnt in this past year, it's that people don't change.

His father didn't change and Bethany didn't either. People can't change, not when it's habit. No matter how much they try, there will always be that dark side wanting to get out - like it is in everyone.

Some people can push the dark thoughts and impulses aside, sweep them away but then there are some who simply can't resist the pull.

Dan sighs. Phil will hate him now.

Suddenly, Dan stops. He looks around the dimly lit road which he's been running down. He has been running and thinking for so long he now has no idea where he is.

All the houses look the same, the street names are unfamiliar to him. He's lost.

Dan sinks to the ground on the gutter, sitting with his legs sprawled out on the edge of the road. It's beginning to rain. Dan looks up at the dark sky. No stars are visible tonight, dark clouds filled with rain block them out.

Dan just sits there still and silently. Not that he has a choice with the silent part anyway. He feels so ashamed, even though it wasn't his fault, Phil still saw him kiss someone else. Dan can't even imagine how he'd feel if he saw Phil kissing someone else.

Why did Dan always manage to mess things up? His life was a tornado of messes in itself, and Dan's own self seemed to only add to the mess.

Suddenly, he hears footsteps - running. Dan turns to see Phil running down the road, his silhouette seemingly glowing against the amber street light glow.

Dan stands up, rain still falling around them. Dan is soaked and it seems that Phil is as well. His cheeks are red and his black fringe is stuck against his glistening skin.

Phil halts to a stop in front of Dan, dropping his hands on his knees as he tries to catch his breath. Dan stares at Phil, unable to believe that he's actually here.

What is he here to do? Slap Dan, yell at him, kiss him, kill him? The possibilities were endless. Phil stands up and stares at Dan, his blue eyes unreadable.

Dan takes in a deep breath, his heart simultaneously stopping and beating so quickly - if that was possible.

Dan was thinking one thing; out off all the possibilities, God he hopes Phil kisses him.

***

Connor sits up, confused.

Dan isn't there. He swings his legs over the edge of the bed. He's only in a loose t shirt and boxes, but he's worried and confused at Dan's absence.

He stands, walking quietly and opening the bedroom door and heading into Phil's only to find his bed empty as well. Where are they? Connor thinks to himself.

He goes back and sits on Dan's bed, thinking about what to do. He could call them, but Phil's phone was on his bedside table and when he calls Dan, it just rings out anyway.