Chapter 50: Stagnate

MOMMA IS HERE WITH A DOUBLE UPDATE! ;)

 Omertà is LOSING the Watty Awards to a competing story!!!! Please keep RETWEETING AND TWEETING on Twitter! Omertà is your baby too, don't give up!!!

 Today is the LAST day to vote! Retweeting is the fastest method & my Twitter is @katrocks247 if you want to retweet what I'm doing!!! 

xoxoxoxoooxooxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

* * * 

"At least put the guns down," I said. "I'm unarmed and frail, for Christ's sake!"

"She has a point," Robert muttered, stuffing his gun into its holster. Maria followed him.

"It guess it felt more dramatic to have all the guns out," Ben said, but didn't put his weapon away. "You cooperate, and I don't shoot you. Got it, cherry?"

"Okay, hold it," I said. "You've got to be fücking kidding me. All of you are traitors to Fico?" I looked to Robert. "That whole story you were telling me. The hurt you felt. It was all fake?"

"It's complicated." Robert didn't meet my eyes. "I'm sorry, Scarlett–"

"What the fück are you apologizing for?" Ben asked, and as he did so, his face distorted for a moment. I blinked hard, unsure if I had actually seen that. Was I losing it? "We needed her all along to get the money from Todd."

"From Todd?"

"She wasn't supposed to be a hostage!" Robert snarled. "She was supposed to just agree to coming with us."

"Well, I didn't tell him about the whole brother thing," Ben answered.

I looked over my shoulder at Maria. "Maria, don't do this. Maria..."

"We're criminals," Ben answered, as if it was obvious. "Has Ferro honestly brainwashed you into thinking otherwise?"

"I'm not a criminal," Maria snapped. "I'm a doctor."

"Let's get a move on, people!" Ben climbed up onto the toilet and hoisted himself easily up into the ceiling of the bathroom. "We have less than give minutes to get up into the ceiling and out through the back entrance of the building, before Ferro and Fico end their tête-à-tête, and Ferro notices his Christmas Tree is missing." He poked his head out through the hole in the ceiling and smirked down at me. "Let's get going, tigrotta... Tigrotta.... Tigrotta...."

"Tigrotta."

I woke up sharply, in full karate attack mode, and two big hands stopped me from lashing out and grabbed onto my wrists. I followed their hands up their long, muscular arms, shoulders, and neck, to a familiar face.

"Easy, baby." Ferro was standing over me with a frown wedged into face. His normally perfect and tanned features were swollen, and his lip was split open like the last time I'd seen it. He looked stressed out and my heart ached for him. "You fell asleep and started to call out to my in your sleep–"

"Linguini!" I gasped and wrapped my arms around his neck. I pulled him towards me and kissed the fück out of his cheek, which was already getting stubbly again. 

"What...?" Ferro frowned and touched his kiss attacked cheeks, completely confused. 

My eyes fell on Robert by the door of the clinic room. He was leaning against the wall with his thick arms across his chest, deep in thought. And in the other corner of the room was Maria, drinking a cup of water with a similar lost expression. She had a gauze pad on her neck. She looked over at me as I stared at her and smiled a little.