CHP4: HALDI

Before I start this chapter I would like you all to know what 'HALDI' is. It is one of the three rituals followed in Indian culture before marriage. Haldi comes from the word turmeric. In this ritual the bride is applied turmeric paste along with all other family members who apply turmeric paste on each others face.

Today was haldi ritual and we
( my cousins, excluding addy who wore white T shirt with jeans)all had decided to wear an Indian Yellow colour dresses. I was not ready yet, I was just wearing simple clothes which I usually wear. We all cousins were having family breakfast and deciding what we all were going to do to make it more fun. where as our parents were busy discussing the decorations. Addy's younger sister was seated beside me and was eating silently.
she was only 18 but seriously looked more mature than her brother.

Suddenly my mom said
"Aisha I want you and Addy to go out and bring sweet boxes from the sweet shop"

" Mom why can't one of the maid go?" i asked

"Because they have so much work left to be completed here and you know how uncle feels about sending a maid to do shopping, right?" my mom said and then looked around to see if there were any maids there and then whispered " you know he doesn't trusts them"

"But please mom can I go alone, I don't want him to come with me otherwise I will again put him in trouble." I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Dude, neither I am interested in coming with you ,so don't worry enjoy yourself,while i enjoy the company of these two beautiful ladies" Addy said while two of the girls sitting on his either side giggled looking towards him.

I started eating my breakfast when Addy's sister nudge me

" Huh?" I asked raising my eyebrows

" um I don't think it's a good idea to leave Addy with these two girls alone" she said hesitantly.

" I know they will probably bored him to death, but that's good right?" I said smiling.

"No, I mean Addy being Addy who is a playboy and leave him alone with those girls you know what to expect ,right?"

"Are you sure he played with girls feeling because as far as i know he is very annoying and who would want him" i said smiling

"yup, 109% sure, you know he has never dated a girl for more than lets say one week." she said as if stating a fact.

"wow" i said shocked "but I don't think he will be able to persuade them, they are smarter than any other girls he might have dealt with" i said with pride

"you know Addy is a businessman right? and you might also know that businessmen can be highly persuasive and it doesn't looks like they can resist " she said looking towards the place Addy was sitting. Both of my cousins were laughing at something he had said.

If she is right that means my cousins are in danger and I have to protect their hearts which might be broken by him. I don't want them to cry over some guy who played with their feelings and stop believing in love. I mean who would want to see their sisters crying over playboy, right? So I decided that I WILL take him with me even though he is such a headache.

" sorry Addy change of plans tell your company they have to wait until we return back from the shop" I said to Addy while standing up from my chair and wiping my hands with a napkin.

"What!! What do you mean by WE return, I AM NOT GOING WITH YOU ANYWHERE" he said with a sneer.

"okay don't come but then don't ask me how your mom came to know about yesterdays night incident." I said with a smirk and it worked.