CHP 16: NIGHT

Addy's POV:

Today's engagement ceremony went good with everyone being happy especially my mom it looked like she was on top of the world and as far as I am consider I was not so happy reason being that diamonds embroidered clothes I was forced to wear ,i was sure as hell that I was looking like a joker. And when they took me to the venue where this ceremony was kept I became more embarrassed about it, there were so many people out there including my friends and my business clients and here I was looking all weird , though there were some people wearing the same kind of cut that I was wearing but still it didn't put me at ease. I was desperately waiting for ceremony to get over so that I can just remove this clothing.

I was busy talking to my friends who were making lame jokes about me, but hey who's complaining I am still richer than them. When my dad came and said me that Aisha has arrived and suddenly I was all nervous.

Will Aisha laugh looking at me ?

I looked towards her direction but not at her in order to avoid embarrassment by seeing look on her face. As she stood beside me she called my name but I avoided looking at her, because my subconscious said Maybe she will tease you.
She was busy looking towards the crowd when I finally saw her and I was speechless,maybe only one word could describe her 'beautiful' and I just wanted to stare at her, I know I sound creepy but I just wanted to and then I saw it the sadness in her eyes she can't mask her emotions very well but still people around her doesn't recognize it or.......is it only me who can understand it .

Maybe she is sad because of me ,first I made her to agree to marry me and then the morning incident with Fiona. maybe I am responsible for Sad mood .

" I am so sorry Aisha ,please forgive me" I said sadly to her in my mind.

And then suddenly she looked towards me and i froze
Was I staring at her ? Did I said that aloud. God what she Must be thinking of me. I mentally scolded myself for doing so.
And then she smiled and looked forward again.
They called us for engagement function and still she looked lost I told her to extend her Hand and she did so after blushing lightly.
I like when she blushes at simple things like that.
Stop it, you love Fiona right, she helped you so much during your difficult times you can't love anyone except her. My mind screamed at me.
As the engagement ceremony was done my friends came to congratulate me.
"She is so beautiful and innocent dude I seriously doubt you deserve her " one of them said laughing, all of us looked towards her direction to which she averted her sight.
Even I doubt it sometimes dude.

My dad informed me that he has arranged an media interview for both of us. Though I hate giving interviews but I agreed. It was all going and under control until one journalist asked this question
"Do you think both your relationship Will work seeing the kind of person Aisha is ?" journalist asked.
And suddenly I was all angry seeing a look of hurt pass through Aisha's face.
I just wanted to get up from my seat and punch him right then and there
But controlling my anger I asked
" What do you mean by kind of person?"

"By kind of person I mean she has a little dark complexion then you and she is not as beautiful as your latest fling" the journalist answered.
And it made me more angry ,how can he just say such a rude thing to someone like Aisha.
Don't you do the same with everyone?, didn't you insulted someone 'like Aisha' when you both met. My mind said to me.
Then Aisha took over the conversation and started speaking on my behalf. And I watched her speak she was telling everything so effortlessly and confidently that I couldn't help but smile. The same Aisha who becomes highly clumsy when she is nervous was confidently speaking and in a diligent manner .wow.

After that as I was talking with one of the board member i saw her walking away on her own, i excused myself and followed her, I called her name several times but no avail she was so lost in her own thoughts tbat she didn't even heard me. As I approached her she shuttered while speaking and I smiled. She was nervous and I was happy because I thought I lost my talent to make someone nervous. After that we talked,walked and laughed until she said we should head home.