Chapter 11

We have almost hit 1,000 reads. Thanks you guys!
Trying to update as fast as possible, but I've had so many changes in my personal life. I put my two weeks in at my current salon and will now officially be a Sephora Artist, which is one of my dream jobs (just the first step to where I wanna be in life)

You were red.
And you liked me because I was blue.
But you touched me, and suddenly I was a lilac sky.
But you decided purple just wasn't for you.

Lilys parties were always the same. A bunch of rich, privileged kids getting drunk and doing drugs. I danced with Keeley in the living room to Miley Cyrus's We Can't Stop, a glass of champagne in my hands. Liam had arrived not too long ago, but Carson still hadn't come.

He was dating someone now? Not that I cared. I surveyed the room, looking for his familiar head of hair. Nothing. Keeley must had noticed my fidgeting because she began to look around the room too, an eyebrow raised. "You okay?"

"Yeah. I think I just need some air." I excused myself and walked out to the balcony. I noticed a couple making out in the corner and dive into the shadows, to avoid interrupting their private time.

I squinted in the dark, instantly recognizing Carson with his tongue down some brunette's throat. My heart stop and I had to clamp my hand over my mouth to keep from squealing out in disgust. If Carson saw me he would accuse me of spying on him. I slowly slid out the way I came and ran off to find Lily.

"Carson... Girl... Tongues... Scarred." I threw my hand around Lily dramatically.

"Oh you met Sarah?"

"Brown hair, stacked bob?" I asked. She nodded, looking at something behind me. "Yeah."

"Yep that's Sarah. She's gross don't worry."

"Worry about what?" I scrunched my face in confusion.

"Her stealing Carson from you. She won't last." She said with a duh tone.

"I don't want Carson." Suddenly I felt a hand on my waist and I jumped.

"What about me?" The devil asked, and evil glint in his eye.

"Nothing I just saw you being gross and snogging on the balcony." I admitted, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Snogging?" He smirked at the word. Stupid American.

"Yes kissing and stuff." I rolled my eyes, looking towards Lily for help.

"This is Sarah by the way." He spoke, getting my attention once more as he stepped aside to show me bob girl.

"hi! You're Lucy right?" She said in an obnoxious bubbly tone. I took the moment to look her up and down, hot pink bodycon dress and dark, bronze tanning bed skin. She wore a pair of sparkly loubs, and nude lipstick that was slightly too light for her skin tone.

"Yeah. Nice to meet you." I shot her a fake smile.

"Wow, are you English?"

"Australian." Really bitch? I kept a neutral face.

She flashes bright whites. "Wow that's so cool I've always wanted to know an Australian. Do you speak Australian over there or what language? Was it hard to learn English?"

"We speak English in Australia. That's the language..." I was losing brain cells every second I spoke to her.

"Oh that's cool. I thought it was like a desert or something like Africa. Like a third world country." That did it.

"I'm done taking to you." I spun on my heel and walked off to find Keeley, not caring that I had been kind of rude to her.

"Lucy where are you going?" Carson asked, walking after me.

"You sure know how to pick them don't you?" I began. "It doesn't matter if they can keep a normal conversation, does it?"

"Are you jealous?" He laughed.

I glared at him. "She just insulted my country."

"You're usually so nice though, obviously you're jealous."

"I'm not jealous, I think you want me to be jealous, because you were trying to make me jealous. Next time you try to make me jealous choose someone with a higher IQ." I couldn't help that he was getting me worked up, and my voice was raising. "Fuck off Carson."

With that, I quickly ran off to Lily's bedroom to do what I do best: hide.