Chapter 18

Thank you to everyone who's been reading my stories! I'll be wrapping up IGHHM soon, im estimating about 5-6 chapters left :)

"Good morning, darling!" I groaned as the curtains in my bedroom were suddenly pulled open by my mother. I rolled over pulling a feathered pillow over my head to black the sunlight as it filled the once dark room. "Get up, Lucy it's your birthday."

"Then I would love to sleep in."

"Nonsense, it's almost noon. Hair and makeup will be here soon to get you ready for your party." Her heels clicked against the floor as she made her way to the door. I sat up in bed, reaching for my iPhone.

Lily: happy birthday girlfriend xxx GET READY FOR UR LILY LAP DANCE YAAAS

Keeley: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ignore whatever Lily says

Liam: HBD

Danny: Happy Birthday, still sorry about the other night. Hope to see you tonight to apologize.

I rolled my eyes at the last message. I should have just blocked Danny's number but for some reason I just kept forgetting to. Hopefully he didn't show up to my party and if he did I would just call security on him and no harm would be done. Or at least I hoped so.

I showered quickly before my mother's stylists arrived to work their magic on me. After two hours I was finally ready for my party. I wore a short black dolce dress with a pair of chunky gold heels, my hair slicked back and makeup done in a subtle smokey and nude lip. Mother came into the room, flashing her hands together as she smirked in approval at my appearance.

"Beautiful; darling let's head down to the car." Her cold demeanor returned as she spun on her heels in her black Valentino dress, heading towards the door.

We took the town car to a gallery that had been rented out and  turned into a club for the night in honor of me. The party had began already when we walked in, everyone shouting happy birthday to me. I smiled and thanked the unfamiliar faces, most likely colleagues of my mothers, passing them to find my friends.

"Happy birthday Luce!" Lily flung her arms around me, pulling me into a warm embrace and landing a kiss on my cheek. "Thanks for coming to America."

I chuckled at the blonde bombshell. "Youre the best Lily."

She beamed at me, releasing me as we went to join Keeley and Liam where they sat. Liam nodded at me and Keeley looked up at me and blowing me a kiss. "Happy birthday Hun."

"Thanks Key." I smiled, looking around for the one person I hadn't realized I wanted to see until just that moment. I hadn't seen him since that night with Danny and he hadn't of contacted me yet.

"He's not here yet." Lily whispered in my ear knowingly. I shot her a look, rolling my eyes before excusing myself to go mingle.

"You look beautiful." A familiar voice murmured into my neck, causing me to jump at the sudden contact. "I guess someone forgot my invitation." He offered a crooked smile, leaning towards me to the point where I could smell his cologne.

"Yeah, sorry about that." I realized then when we had sent the invites out I hadn't exactly been on good terms with Carson.

"It seems none of the females in your family seem to like me much."

"That's not true..."

"Oh it's not?" He smirked, gorgeous as ever.

"No." I spoke up confidently, looking him in the eye. He stepped closer, filling the empty space between the two of us and pressing himself against me, hands grasping my waist.

"You should." He suddenly released me, throwing me a smirk once more and waltzing away. I sighed, running a hand through my hair and reaching for a glass of champagne. Thank god for open bars.

******

My cake was brought out and everyone gathered around to sing happy birthday, my face fed from the attention I was receiving. The cake was magnificent, three tiers of lavender icing with sugar pearls and sprinkles instead of candles sparking.

My mother pulled me into a surprising hug, which I slowly returned, caught off guard by her unlikely embrace. "Happy birthday, my love."

"Thank you mother." Everyone began to cheer as the sprinklers died down. I smiled at my mother.

"I wish he could see you." She whispered to me. "He'd be so proud. He loved you so much."

I kissed her cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too." She spoke warmly, in a way I had only remembered her speaking in my childhood. I grabbed a slice of cake after it was cut and made my way over to to a table so I could people watch.

"Hi Lucy." My blood froze as I recognized the voice in front of me. I glared up at Danny.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed.

"I just wanted to see you... Tell you I'm sorry." He smiled at me with that friendly, boyish look I had grown use to him giving me. But I knew better. His jaw was yellowish and blue from when Carson had punched him, and his lip had been split and slowly healing, causing me to internally smirk. I stood up, simply intending to walk away, when he grabbed my arm. "Wait Lucy-"

"Get your fucking hands off her." Carson growled from behind me, his body heat enveloping me as he looked over my should and glared into Danny's eyes.

Danny raised his hands as he released me, as if he was about to be arrested. "Chill man, I just wanna talk."

"Then say what you need to say, and leave." His voice full of venom, a tone that I was familiar with but wasn't directed towards me. I stepped back slightly in the direction of Carson, feeling safer in his orbit, looking over my shoulder back at him. He stood in a rigid position, his hands in his black pants pockets with the tie on his black button down shirt untied and left hanging. If Danny had begun to talk I hadn't noticed, as I stared up at Carson who's eyes were glaring down at Danny. I counted the colors in his eyes, watching as the flickered towards me suddenly, causing me to blush and look back towards danny. Danny looked between us, smirking.

"Nevermind. She's yours." Was all he said as he made his way towards the exit. I watched him walk away before turning back to Carson.

Carson smiled at me, a genuine, sweet smile. And with a husky voice, "want to get out of here?"