Chapter 22

Hello my tator thots! I ended up starting my vampire story, I named it Baldassarre. Check it out :) much love.

Next update will be at 5k! You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for supporting me and my story.💖

*******************

When I woke up I was alone and my head pounded as my hangover began to overwhelm me. I looked around Carson's room, finding my bag quickly and pulling out my phone to find that it was 10 am and I had three messages from Lily.

Did you lose your virginity?

Do you remember what I did with my lip gloss?

How big was it?

I rolled my eyes at the messages, quickly replying with one single no before making my way towards the bathroom. I didn't care if it seemed like I was intruding, I needed a shower. After a quick shower I grabbed one of the towels I found in the cabinet and wrapped it around me, returning to Carson's bedroom to find something to wear. Luckily he wasn't in his room so I wasn't going to have to live through the cliche towel moment you always saw in tv shows and movies.

I quickly changed into one of his shirts and the pair of spandex shorts I had worn beneath my onsie the night before. I made my way downstairs into the kitchen, still no Carson to be seen as I poured myself a glass of water to help with my parched throat. Suddenly I felt two hands upon my waste, causing me to jump in fright.

"Did I scare you?" His warm breath fanned the back of my neck as he dipped himself to my height.

"Don't do that!" I swatted at him like a cat and pushed him away from me as I turned to head back upstairs with him right on my trail. "I should head home."

"Or you could just stay here all day and never leave."

"I need to... I kind of have some responsibilities to deal with." I explained.

"I'll give you a ride home then."

********

I wiped my tears on the sleeve of my black dress as my mother and I climbed back into the town car that picked us up from the airport. After a long sixteen hour flight we were finally back in New York after a few days spent in Australia to visit my father's grave.

"Thank you for coming with me." I spoke lowly towards her as I leaned back into the leather seats.

"Anything for you my darling." She spoke half heartedly as she typed away at her phone, probably answering her emails she had ignored while we had been away. I felt bad, leaving my friends behind without letting them know where I had been and where I went. I probably had thousands of messages from Lily alone but I needed time to mourn the six month anniversary of losing my father.

We arrived back at our building, going our separate ways. Mother taking off for work immediately and leaving me to go back upstairs myself. This was more than what I wanted, finally having a moment to myself to cry in my bed and eat junk food. I got up and decided to get dressed and head to Keeleys and coming home to cry later. She was having a small get together and I needed to see my friends.

I put on a pair of jeans and a lilac blouse, with diamond studs and a pair of black booties. I blow dryer my hair and round brushed it into soft curls before grabbing my keys and heading out.

When I arrived at Keeleys I let myself in, the small get together ending up being a full blown party. What was up with my friends and parties? A question that I would probably truly never know the answer to. I made my way through the crowd when I spotted Carson with the girl from Halloween sitting on the couch talking, just the two of them this time. I felt my heart catch in my throat, redirecting myself into a different direction, finally finding Keeley.