Chapter 16

I went the Taylor Swift Concert ITS WAS FABULOUS

Three weeks passed without any trouble from Carson and I continued to see Danny. I leaned back on the plush couch in my living room, my feet propped up on the coffee table in a way that would give my mother a heart attack. I giggled to myself as I munched away on white cheddar popcorn while watching an American show called South Park. I wore an oversized Australia 2000 Olympics hoodie and a pair of tiny shorts with my hair up in a messy bun.

The door suddenly opened and in less than a second my feet were on the plush carpet as my mother waltzed into the room with her head held high and her snooty personality invading the large space. She set her Hermes bag onto the coffee table and took in my appearance.

"Darling, have you thought about what you would like to do for your birthday?" She began, surprisingly not mentioning anything regarding my lazy appearance. "I was thinking we found have a party."

"No parties, mother." I sighed, already regretting the words as they left my mouth. My mother was going to throw me a birthday party whether or not I wanted it.

She sipped from the smoothie she was using as a replacement meal and pursed her lips at me. "Lucille, why would you refuse me this? All I want is to celebrate my only child's birthday."

My face remained neutral before I responded to her. "Okay mother."

"Fabulous, I'm going to call my planner." She sauntered off without another word, towards her office. I rolled my eyes, picking up my iPhone and checking my messages. I had one from Danny asking me to dinner that night at his place. I quickly typed a quick yes and jumped up to go get ready for my date. After a quick shower, I skipped washing my hair and sprayed some dry shampoo through it and just left it down. Good enough, right? I applied a light layer of makeup and pulled on a stripped tshirt dress that ended about mid thigh.

Slipping on a pair of sandals I left the apartment and headed towards the elevator, climbing in and taking it down to Danny's floor. I had never been to his apartment before, but I knew that it was nice due to it being in my building but not as nice as my pent house. I stopped in front of his door and knocked on the dark green door.

The door opened to reveal a sweet, smiling Danny with his curly hair disheveled. "Hey."

"Hey." I replied, stepping inside and taking in his apartment.

"I hope you like Lasagna, that's what I made." Innocent dimples greeted me as I made eye contact with him.

"Smells delicious." I smiled at him as the delicious scent enveloped my nostrils. We sat down to eat, finishing half of my large serving until I realized I was full, pushing back my plate and politely smiling at him.

"Full?"

"Yeah."

"Wanna watch a movie?" He asked, flashing me his familiar smile.

"Sure! What movie?" I asked bouncing over towards the couch. I could feel at the bottom of my stomach that Danny wasn't the one for me. We were probably better off as friends and it was obvious. He opened a bottle of wine, pouring a glass for both of us and setting them down on the coffee table. He put in The Book of Eli and I was instantly entranced in the movie. We both had another glass of wine and I was so into the movie that I hadn't noticed him scooting closer to me. Suddenly his lips were on mine and he was kissing me. I kissed him back, not thinking much of it despite the fact that I had just decided to myself to just be friends. He deepened the kiss, and his hand began to run up my thigh. I pulled away, grabbing his hand. "Too soon."

Something in his eye flickered and suddenly I had a bad feeling in my stomach. He laughed, the alcohol on his breath fanning my face. "Too soon?"

I furrowed my face in frustration. "Yeah... That's what I said."

"So I treat you right, and all I ask for in return is a little attention and I get denied when you fucked that Carson guy in the bathroom at the club while I was there?"

I pushed him away from me, feeling dizzy and weak from the alcohol and confused from his attitude change. "You're being an asshole.

"And you're a slut." He simply stated, grabbing my arm and pulling me into him. He reached towards my dress and pushed it up to my hips. "so why don't you want to fuck me? Cause I don't treat you like shit? Is that what I have to do?"

He attempted to pull at my panties with one hand and groping my breast through my dress with the other.

"Get the fuck off me, what is your problem?!" I pushed him off with all of the strength I could, he backed into the coffee table falling over it and I quickly took the opportunity to run out, grabbing my purse and speeding out of the apartment. I pressed the elevator button frantically, looking over my shoulder to make sure I wasn't being followed. When the door finally opened I saw Danny leaving his apartment and running towards me.

I quickly jumped in the elevator, quickly pressing the close door button and sighing in relief when it closed before he could reach it and began to go down towards the lobby. I couldn't go home, especially since he lived in my building. I was freaking out, my hands shaking and my heart pounding as I pulled out my phone and immediately called the first person I could think of.

"What do you want?" He hissed into his phone, instant relief rushing over me that he actually picked up despite his cold greeting.

"Carson.." I sobbed into the phone, not realizing I had been crying. "I-"

"Lucy? What's wrong?" His tone immediately changed to a soft and gentle one. "Where are you?"

"I'm at my building.... Can you come get me please?" I cried into the phone, my face red in embarrassment despite the fact that I was by myself.

"Yeah I'll be there in five minutes." I hung up the phone, rushing through the lobby so no one would question me, scanning the room for Danny as I walked out the door.

I fiddled with my phone as I stood on the side walk, constantly looking over my shoulder.

"Lucy!" Carson called from a block away as he ran towards me. My face have been a sight to see, eyes puffy from crying, because his face immediately morphed into confusion and anger. "What the fuck happened?"

"Danny.. He tried to... He forced himself onto me..." Was all I said before Carson darted past me and into the lobby of my building where Danny had just exited the elevator, obviously looking for me. A path of fury followed Carson as he immediately walked up to Danny and threw a punch. I heard a sickening crunch and when I had finally caught up with Carson, Danny was knocked over holding his jaw.

"What the fuck man?!" Danny growled at Carson. Carson didn't say another word before he kicked Danny in the stomach.

"Don't you ever." kick. "Go near." kick. "Lucy again." He growled out.

"Carson stop!" I grabbed his arm, pulling him back from where Danny laid on the ground.

"Fuck no, I'm gonna teach this motherfucker-"

"Security is coming, just come on." I frantically pulled on his leather jacket until he glared down at Danny and finally followed me out of the building.

IM SO CLOSE TO 3k reads! Next chapter goes up once I hit it! 🙌🏼