3

I ended up staying with Nikki for a week. I'm glad the diner is getting renovations. During this time we had gotten to know each other like the back of our hands.
"Please please stay." Nikki begged, holding onto me tight.
"Nikki, I have to work, I can't just miss it." I say, cupping his cheek.
"Why can't you call in sick?" He says.
"Well, okay. Only for you." I smile at his child-like begging,
He picks me up and spins me around, and connects our lips once more.
"So what are we going to do for the rest of the night?" I ask.
"As long as I'm with you, I don't care." He says.
"You don't think we're moving a little fast?" I say.
"No, we've already gotten to know each other, what else is there?" He says, walking back into the living room, with me following closely behind.
"I don't know. At least we aren't awkward or anything." I sigh and sit on the leather couch.
"If you think we're going to fast, I'll try to slow it down." He says, a slight frown lingering.
"Nikki, I don't. I think we're moving along perfectly." I smile, and rest my head on his chest.
"Good, I would hate to be any different than we are now." He says while rubbing circles in my back.
Maybe we are moving a little fast, but it's not like he's asked me to marry him, right? We haven't even done anything besides kiss, and we haven't done that a ton.  I don't care what anyone says, I love Nikki. It's almost like I've met him before.

After a while, Nikki's band members, including another one named Mick, came home and we finally got to have a regular conversation. These guys are cool, and they seem to accept me.

"So Mel, where are you from? I couldn't help but notice your accent." Vince says, taking a sip of his drink and placing it on the table.
"The Bronx, I moved to LA with my older friend Clarise when I was 16." I reply.
"How old are you now?" Mick asks.
"22." I reply while taking a sip of my own drink.
"You guys wanna go to the Whiskey?" Vince asks us.
"Sure, Mel?" Nikki looks to me.
"Yeah, it'll be nice to get out. I work all the time." I laugh, and the group does too.
"We know that feel." Tommy blurts.

We had finally reached the Whiskey, and I had told Nikki that I wanted to keep my drinks limited, since I have work in the morning. The hostess led us to a secluded table in the back, since the guys are famous and everything.

"What can I get you guys?" The overly perky waitress asks.
"Uh the regular for me, Jack for Tommy and Nikki, Water for Mick, and a beer for the lady." Vince gives the woman our orders, shoots her a wink, and she walks off.
"How long have you two been seein' each other?" Tommy exclaims.
Nikki had his hand resting on my thigh, and he looked at me for approval to answer Tommy's question. I give him a slight nod.
"A week." Nikki finally states, his grip on my thighs tightening.
"Wow, you guys look like you've been together for years!" Vince bawls.
Nikki is nervously scratching the back of his neck, and I just cough silently.
"Yeah, he was perfect from he start." I put on my best smile and look at Nikki, who's smiling back at me.
"And so was she." He pecks my cheek and regains his position with his hand on my thigh.
"Aw fuck, I need to get me a girlfriend." Tommy pouts.
"You will one day Tom." I giggle.
"You better be lucky you're my bro Nik, or I might have to steal this one." Tommy says, pointing to me and chuckling. Nikki laughs too, but I could see his jaw tense a little. I placed my hand on his, and he seemed to relax under my touch.
"Babe, can we go home? I have a headache." Nikki whispers in my ear. I knew he didn't have a headache, but honestly bars aren't my favorite environment, so I agree.
"Yeah, I don't really like bars anyway." I whisper back.
"Guys we're going home, I have a headache and Mel is tired." Nikki announces. He gently grabs my hand and leads me out of the bar, without another word.
"Are you okay Nik?" I ask him as soon as we're in the car.
"Yeah, I got a little jealous I guess." Nikki sighs and places his hand on my thigh once more.
"At least your man enough to admit it. That makes me love you more." I smile and interlock our fingers. "And don't worry, I'm yours. Only yours." I add.
"I'm glad to hear you say that." He proclaims.

As soon as we got back to the house, I immediately wanted to go to bed, as we were both tired anyway. I walked to the bathroom to change my pajamas. While pulling on my shirt I felt a tap on my shoulder, causing me to jump.
"Sorry to scare ya, you just forgot your cami." Nikki smirks, handing me the black lace cami I had left on the dresser.
"How long have you been standing there Nikki?" I ask with a cocked eyebrow and a smirk on my own face.
"Long enough to see those lovely Calvin Klein panties." He runs a hand down my waist and tugs on the waistband.
"Well, that'll be all you'll get for a while." I wink, and climb into the bed.
"For now.." He seductively whispers in my ear as he lays beside me.
"Goodnight Nikki." I say against his chest.
"Goodnight." He replies, his snakelike grip finding its way to my waist.