5

We had finally arrived at Sebastian's party, and now all of us were sitting around the pool table watching the guys play. Me and Nikki were sitting on a couch beside it, me leaning on his chest and his arm around my waist.
"Why didn't you want to play with the guys?" I look up at Nikki and ask.
"I don't really like pool. Besides, I'm comfortable where I am." He smirks.

"Aw fuck man! You cheated!" Sebastian bawled from in front of us.
"No way dude, you can't cheat in pool." Scotti chimed.

We all laughed at the boys as they finished their game and packed it up. As they were doing so, Nikki turned his head and whispered in my ear.
"I have to get up and go get your surprise ready, stay here." He said, as he walked up to Sebastian and mumbled something I couldn't make out.

A few minutes later, Nikki came in and grabbed me by the hand, and led me to Sebastian's backyard. There was a stage set up, and all of the boys were waiting for Nikki.  "Sit here babe." Nikki says, letting me sit on a bench in front of the stage.

Nikki climbed on top of the stage and grabbed the mic. "As a few of you probably know, it's Mel and I's one month anniversary." He paused. "Over this past month she's become one of the greatest things to happen to me, so I wrote her this song. I hope you like it baby." He finishes and I smile as he begins playing the first few notes.

"Without you, there's no change
My nights and days are grey
If I reached out and touched the rain
It just wouldn't feel the same" Nikki began as he was smiling down at me.

"Without you, I'd be lost
I'd slip down from the top
I'd slide down so low
Girl you'd never, never know...

Without you, without you
A sailor lost at sea
Without you, woman The world comes down on me

Without you in my life
I'd slowly wilt and die
But with you by my side
You're the reason I'm alive
But with you in my life
You're the reason I'm alive
But without you, without you...

Without you, my hope is small
Let me be me all along
You let the fires rage inside
Knowing someday I'd grow strong Without you, without you
A sailor lost at sea
Without you, woman
The world comes down on me

Without you in my life
I'd slowly wilt and die
But with you by my side
You're the reason I'm alive
But with you in my life
You're the reason I'm alive
But without you, without you...

I could face a mountain
But I could never climb alone
I could start another day
But how many, just don't know
You're the reason the sun shines down
And the nights, they don't grow cold
Only you that I'll hold when I'm young
Only you...as we grow old"

By now I had a few tears escaping from my eyes. I love Nikki so much right now, you can't even imagine.

"Without you in my life
I'd slowly wilt and die
But with you by my side
You're the reason I'm alive
But with you in my life
You're the reason I'm alive
But without you, without you..." He finishes, running off the stage to embrace me.

"Did you like it?" He asks.
"Yes Nikki I loved it. You make me so happy." I say against his chest. He takes his finger under my chin and lifts it up, bringing a kiss to my lips.
"C'mon babe, let's go home." He says, leading us to the motorcycle and driving home.

As soon as we got home, I instantly felt really tired.
"Nik, this has been a perfect night, really, but I'm sleepy." I say, a yawn escaping my lips.
"Okay, I'm a bit tired as well." He says, walking to the bathroom to change his clothes.
"Thank you for tonight Nikki, it was great." I say, slipping off the dress and changing into my pajamas.
"Only for you." He calls from the bathroom.
He walks over and slips his hand around my waist as I'm removing my makeup.
"You're really cautious over your body, aren't you?" He asks out of no where.
"No, but you're not gettin' in my pants this fast babe. You have to earn it." I smirk, slipping out of his snakelike grip and walking to the bed.
"We'll see soon enough." He winks, turning off the light and returning his grip around my waist.
"You're really desperate, aren't you?" I chuckle, and he sighs against my back.
"Babe, with a body like yours, anyone is stupid to not want to explore you." He whispers.
"I don't know." I say, and it's almost like he can sense that I'm unconfident.
"Don't ever deny your beauty, no woman should." He returns.
Before I could process what he said, he pulled me on top of him.
"You're beautiful Mel, don't let anyone tell you any different." He says, placing a passionate kiss on my face, and rolling me back over.
"I love you, Nik." I say, turning and resting on his chest.
"I love you more." Is the last thing he said before I fell asleep.

Once morning came, I had a pounding headache. I don't know why, I don't drink. We didn't even stay out late. I'm currently in the kitchen, making breakfast for Nikki and the guys, and all of them are hungover as well, except for Nikki.
"How's the food comin' Mel?" Vince called from the living room.
"In a few minutes!" I replied.
I put all of their food on the plates and called them in the kitchen.
"It's done guys." I said, passing them and walking up the stairs to get some Tylenol for my headache.
"You okay?" Nikki appears in the mirror.
"Yea, I just have a headache." I say, rubbing my temples and swallowing the tablet.
"Do you need to lay down?" A concerned Nikki asks.
"Probably. But what about you and the guys?"
"We're grown men, we can handle ourselves."
"Grown men that couldn't cook their own food." I chuckle, shuffling over to the bed and plopping down on it.
"In our defense, you make some killer pancakes." He says, putting his weight down beside me and wrapping an arm around my shoulder.
"Go on, hang out with the guys. It's not the first time I've had to take care of myself." I sigh.
"Nah, I'd rather take care of my girl than deal with those knuckleheads." He adds.
"Well." I return, and rest my head, eventually falling asleep to Nikki's light breathing in my ear.