19

Tonight was going to be the night that I'd tell Nikki that I'm pregnant with his child. Am I looking forward to it? Absolutely not.

To say that I'm scared is an understatement. I don't know what I'm going to do if he doesn't want me to keep it. I am definitely keeping it, whether he likes it or not. If he decides to be an asshole about it, I'm choosing my unborn child over him. Even though I'm still not ready to be a mother, I'm not getting rid of this child I created. No ifs, ands or buts about it. It's just what I believe in.

--

Nikki and I have the house to ourselves tonight so I took it as a perfect opportunity to tell him.

We were currently sitting at the table eating dinner, making small talk and I eased my way into it.

"Nik, I have something to tell you." I started, suddenly realizing how terrified I am of how he's going to react.

"You're pregnant. I know. I was waiting for when you'd tell me." He finished for me with a smile and I could feel the shock written all over my face.

"How-"

"I found the test in the dumpster when I was taking out the trash last week." He stated, and I sighed, cursing under my breath because Ari didn't follow my instructions to be careful.

"I'm sorry I should've told you sooner. I just didn't know how to tell you or how you'd react-"

"How I'd react? Did you not think I'd be happy to be a father?" He says, the smile being replaced by a frown. The anger and sadness in his eyes is very noticeable.

"You've been so distant lately, Nikki. Plus you're only 32. I didn't think you'd be ready to be a dad." I finish, and rub my stomach since the stress is causing a little pain.

"Baby, I'm sorry I've been acting distant, I've just been busy with everything. I'll try to make it up to you. But don't ever think I'll stop loving or caring about you." He says, making my heart melt just like the first day I met him, a feeling I didn't think would ever return to me.

"I know, I love you too. I just want the best for this baby." I smile, and once again put my hand over my stomach.

Nikki walked over and kneeled beside the chair I was sitting in, looking at me and then back at my stomach. He put his hand over mine and the warmth was comforting.

"I do too. I'll do everything I can to be the best father I can be." He says. A smile crept on his face, and that is something that is very rare.

--

I decided that since I told Nikki, I'd tell the rest of them, besides Ari, since she knew of course.

The next night I gathered everyone in the living room and nervously sat on Nikki's lap. He had one arm on the chair and the other around my waist.

"Guys, we have something to tell you." I started, nervousness coming over me as usual.

"I'm pregnant." I sighed of relief after it finally escaped my mouth.

A series of cheers and congratulations followed.

"We're gonna have a baby Mel!" Tommy said, making laughter erupt around the room.

"Oh no, a little Nikki. We should be concerned." Mick says, and Nikki flips him off.

Nikki and I looked at each other and smiled, thankful for the support of our friends.

Maybe this isn't so bad after all.

-

A/N: leave feedback! It's much appreciated:) -Laken