24

Today was the day. The day I would officially become Melissa Renee Jarrett Sixx. Boy, that's a mouthful.

We had spent months preparing, with Ari assisting us of course. The guys also helped out as much as they could. I can't believe the day is already here.

I'm sitting in front of the mirror in my dress. Should I pinch my myself to see if this is all real? I mean, am I really marrying Nikki Sixx?

I smile and look around at the room. The white roses and pictures of us scattered around. It feels like a fairytale. It's what I've always wanted.

It's time for me to go out and Ari is escorting me down the aisle, it's cheesy but she's my best  friend. We know each other like we've been together our whole lives. I might even be able to say she knows me better than Nikki - maybe.

We finally get to the doorway to the aisle, and I take a peak at everyone in the crowd. I glance at Kat, In her little flower girl gown - with Vince holding her. Then I glance at Tommy, and the other boys one by one until I finally see the love of my life. The one who asked me to be his permanently. The one who has put me through heaven and hell. My soul, my other half. His mouth dropped a bit before he regained that signature smirk of his. Is that a tear I see?

Before I could process my next thought, the music started and Ari grabbed my hand. We slowly stepped down the aisle. Step after step, and we finally reached the end. I faced Nikki and we couldn't remove our eyes from each other. This is really happening.

--

"Do you, Melissa Renee Jarrett, take Nikki Sixx to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"Do you, Nikki Sixx, take Melissa Renee Jarrett to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

And just like that, it was official.

--

"You look gorgeous." Nikki told me as we danced to Blue Öyster Cult's Burnin' For You, a song we always find ourselves listening to.

"You're not that bad either." I laughed.

"I can't believe this actually happened." He laughed and glanced over at Vince and the guys dancing with Kat.

"I know. Now you have to deal with me being problematic for the rest of your life."

"Dear God." He said, and we both laughed.

--

After 4 long years, he's officially mine. We've had a rough ride but we've made it here. No matter how much I hated him in the past and everything he's done to me, I just can't leave him. He's mine.

True love comes in unexpected ways. Even when we think we're completely hopeless - it always finds us. Hell, I was a waitress and now I'm a rock star's wife and the mother of a child. Why God chose me to live this life, I have no idea, but I'm beyond lucky and blessed. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Kat is also taking his last name, which I love. Kat Sixx: I can already see it. She's going to be a rockstar just like her daddy. We'll be right there to support her, too. I guess we will see what life has in store for us next.

--
A/N: Well, I guess this is it. After 24 long chapters, 5K reads and all of your kind words, Time for a Change will end here. Thank you for supporting me and my books for this long ride. Y'all stayed even when I took long breaks and was sick. Thank you guys so so much. This ending is bittersweet. You never know - this might not be the end of Nikki and Mel though. You'll just have to wait and see....