Chapter 3: We Couldn't Risk It

Michonne didn't say a word to us since we left Woodbury. I guess she was still upset about Andrea. We only came across a dozen biters. I only got to kill about one or two because Michonne got to them before I could. At least she is taking her anger out on biters instead of us.

About 10 minutes after we left, Michonne cut the limbs off one biter. She took the arms and made a G shape on the ground. With the legs she made an O, and then she placed the back of the biter next to it. It didn't take me long to figure out what it meant and why she did it.

The Governor probably sent Merle and some other guys to come and get us. I explained this to my mother, but she didn't believe me. She still believed the Governor is a good man.

I didn't know where we were going, and I didn't dare ask Michonne or else she'll probably slice me in half.

". . . smash your teeth in." I heard a voice. I instantly recognized it. Merle.

The three of us stopped dead in our tracks. I looked at Michonne. I didn't need to tell her, she already knew. What do we do?

Michonne grabbed our shoulders and pushed us forward a few feet.

"Stay here." She told us.

I was opening my mouth to protest, but she was already gone. I stepped forward to follow her, but my mother pulled me back. She shook her head.

"She can handle this herself." She said.

I didn't like it, but she was right. And so we waited. A minute later we heard a gunshot. Another one. I started to panic. What if they got Michonne?

About 7 minutes later, Michonne came out of the trees in front of us. Her sword was red, and her body was covered in biter guts and blood. She was limping, but she sprinted forward.

"Come on, let's go!" She half whispered to us.

We caught up with her.

"What happened back there?" I asked her.

"Are you alright?" My mother questioned.

"I'm fine." Michonne grunted.

"Your thigh tells a different story." I countered.

"They're coming, we have to move!" She said.

As three biters passed by, they didn't pay any mind to Michonne, but came snapping their teeth at my mother and I. Before I could slice their head off with my forearm machete, someone pushed me on the ground.

"What th-"

Splash! Someone sliced open the biter's stomach and guts fell on top of me. I gagged as the biter also fell on top of me. I gripped my first and slammed my brass knuckles into the forehead of the biter. I then pushed it off and stood up.

I saw my mother on the ground, guts also on her, and a biter at her feet. I ran forward to help her, but Michonne beat me to it. The biter's head fell off and landed in front of me.

"Gross." I said as I slammed my foot on the head.

I helped my mother up from the ground. She bent down and vomited. I patted her back and looked at Michonne.

"What the hell was that for?"

She looked behind me and nodded in that direction. I turned around to find two biters coming at us. I held my arm out to kill them, but someone held me back.

"Watch." Michonne said.

The biters passed us, and didn't even notice we were there. I looked down at my body.