Chapter 7: My Reason To Live

By the next morning, my mother stopped crying. I calmed her down for just a few minutes before she whimpered silently and then finally went to sleep.

Nobody bothered us. Not even Carl. After I hugged him, I could tell by his face he desperately wanted to ask me a question, but he didn't.

I got out of my cell and walked over to the next room. Glenn and Carl was on the ground, looking at a drawn map on the floor, which I'm guessing was of the prison. When I walked in, every one of them looked at me. They looked away a few seconds, but Carl continued to stare, as if he was going to find out the answer to his unasked question.

I looked away from him and that's when I saw Michonne standing against the wall. My mouth opened in shock and I ran to her, hugging her.

She patted my back. "I'm all right, kid."

I let go of her and smiled. To be honest, I didn't think she'd be back. I guess I was too busy calming my mother down to notice she came back.

I looked around the room and noticed Tyreese and the others were gone, and so was Rick.

"Where are Tyreese and the rest?" I asked no one in particular.

Nobody answered me except Axel. "Rick went crazy and scared them off." He told me.

Carl abruptly stood up. "My father isn't crazy."

"What else would you call that?" Glenn asked.

Carl didn't answer him and Glenn sighed.

"The whole front of the prison is unsecured." He said. "If walkers just strolled in, then it's gonna be cake for a group of armed men."

"Why are we even so sure he's going to attack?" Beth asked. "Maybe you scared him off."

"He had fish tanks full of heads." Michonne said and I looked at her. "Walkers and humans. Trophies. He's coming."

"The Governor?" I asked her and she nodded.

I looked down in shock. I shouldn't be, though. The Governor is a sick man, but I didn't know he was that sick.

"We should hit him now." Glenn suggested.

"What?" Beth said.

"He won't be expecting it." Glenn said. "We'll sneak back in and put a bullet in his head."

"We're not assassins." said Carol.

Glenn ignored her and walked over to Michonne.

"You know where his apartment is." He said to her. "You and I could end this tonight."

Michonne sighed, unsure.

"I'll do it myself." Glenn tried to convince her.

Michonne narrowed her eyes at him, and then nodded. My eyes widened.

"You just came back!" I said.

She looked at me. "I need to kill him." was the only thing she said.

"He didn't know you were coming last time," Hershel said, "and look what happened. You were almost killed. Daryl was captured. And you and Maggie were almost executed."

"You can't stop me."

"Rick would never allow this."

"You really think he'd in any position to make that choice?" Glenn asked him.

"Think through this clearly." said Hershel. "T-Dog lost his life here. Lori, too. The men that were here. It isn't worth any more killing. What are we waiting for? If he's really on his way, we should be out of here by now."