Chapter 26: Who's Gareth?

None of us got any sleep that night.

We were safe, in a church, with food and water and yet...we got no sleep. It all started when Sasha noticed Bob was gone.

"Guys!" She yelled over the laughter and talking. Everyone silenced and looked over at Sasha's worried face. "Bob...he-he's gone."

There was silence for a minute, but then Rick stood up and walked over to her. "What do you mean he's gone?"

She shook her head, tears forming in her eyes but they didn't fall. "I-I went to give him a drink but I couldn't find him. I looked everywhere."

"Maybe he just left for a little while-"

"No." Sasha interrupted Tyreese. "He wouldn't just leave. Even if he did, he'd come back soon."

"Well what do you think?" Rick asked her.

"I think he might've been taken." She guessed. "Or ran away from something...or someone."

"You think it was whoever watched us?" Glenn asked. "Like what Daryl and Carol said last night?"

"I-I don't know," Sasha stammered, panting. "We just need to find him."

Rick nodded. "Okay, Sasha, Tyreese and I will go. You stay here in case he comes back."

Glenn nodded, along with everyone else. Sasha and Tyreese ran out the church, Rick behind them. Before he left the church, though, Maggie called him back.

"Daryl and Carol are missing, too." She said.

About an hour later, the door opened revealing a distressed and angry Sasha. I guessed the didn't find Bob, or Daryl or Carol for that matter. The room was quiet, so we heard the footsteps Sasha took towards Gabriel. She looked like she was about to kill someone.

"Stop." She told him. "What are you doing?"

Gabriel looked confused, glancing at the people around him. Sasha took a step closer to him. "What are you doing?" She repeated, slowly. "This is all connected. You show up, we're being watched, and now three of us are gone."

Gabriel was taken back. "I-I don't...I don't have anything to do with this."

Sasha pulled her knife out of its holster and that's when I sprung to action. "Stop!" I yelled, walking to stop her but Carl grabbed my arm, pulling me back.

"Sasha, put it away." Tyreese told her.

"Who's out there?" Sasha questioned the former priest, ignoring what we were all telling her to do.

"I-I don't have anything to do with this-"

"Where are our people?" Sasha cut him off, getting closer to him.

"I don't have anything to do-"

"Where are our people?!" Sasha shouted at him, and I yanked my arm out of Carl's grasp and rushed forward, pushing Sasha back.

"Don't touch me," She snapped, smacking my hand away.

"Hey, don't talk to her like that." Carl told her, but she ignored him, continuing to glare daggers at Gabriel.

"Please," he pleaded, "I don't have anything to do with this."

Sasha slowly backed away, this time Rick walking forward. "Why'd you bring us here?"

Gabriel had his hands up, his lip quivering with fear. "Please, I-"

"You working with someone?" Rick asked.

"I'm alone." He said. "I'm alone. I was always alone."

"What about the woman in the food bank, Gabriel?" Rick questioned. "What did you do to her? 'You'll burn for this.' That was for you. Why? What are you going to burn for, Gabriel?" And then Rick suddenly grabbed him by the collar. "What? What did you do? What did you do?!"