Chapter 2

I woke up in silver chains, my wrists and ankles burned as I struggled to stand up. I felt dirty as I scrambled off of the disgusting floor, my wolf and I growling in revulsion. The sound of someone's heavy footsteps had me frozen, my eyes becoming wide as I looked towards the door. It swung open to reveal some hazel eyed woman, she was beautiful to say the least. She had long  ginger colored hair that curled at the ends, her skin was pale, but there wasn't a blemish or freckle anywhere. She was about the same height as me, which is 5'6".

I watched her carefully as she closed the door and walked over to me. "You're Arabella Slane, right?" she questioned.

I nodded quietly.

"Name is Lisa, I'm one of the King's messengers, along with my mate. This afternoon at exactly one o'clock you are going to meet with the King, he'll explain everything to you then." she sounded.

I nodded, "Thank you."

She smiled softly before turning and leaving the dungeon, once again, I'm alone. I sighed and leaned my back against the wall, refusing to sit down. I was groggy and dizzy, my stomach was doing flips as I waited for my meeting with the King. I mused over my thoughts as I awaited for the guards' arrival; I can't exactly hate the King yet. I don't even know the guy and maybe it's one of the rules of the King's.

That the eldest or only living family member has to pay the criminal's debt. I frowned, but my father wasn't a criminal. I know he would never do anything to offend the King, would he? I was snatched from my thoughts as the dungeon door swung open for the second time today.

A man with blonde hair and brown eyes stepped in, his face blank of any emotion. A guy who looked exactly like him was standing behind him, both of them staring at me.

"Is it one already?" I questioned.

The first man nodded, "Yes, follow us, and no funny business."

"No." I stated, folding my arms across my chest.

He narrowed his eyes, "Now, bitch."

"One, watch your mouth. Two, I'm chained to the fucking wall, how am I supposed to follow you?" I snapped.

He frowned, "Oh...right."

I rolled my eyes, please tell me he's the only idiotic guard here. He unlocked me before shoving me towards the exit, which earned him a punch in the stomach. The second guy laughed.

"You're a feisty one." he commented.

I smirked, "Yeah, only to the idiots."

"I heard that." the other grumbled.

"You were supposed to, nit-wit."

"Don't you get that you're in a dungeon, we're the guards, and you're going to meet the King?" the first asked.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not blind or stupid, I know that. What are your names anyway? I'm about to call you idiot and you...fluffy."

"Fl-fluffy?" the second asked, his eyes wide.

I nodded, "Your hair is fluffy while his is flat."

"Mine is not flat!" Idiot argued, pouting.

"Oh, stop whining like a big baby. Have you looked in the mirror lately?"

"You're mean."

"No, I'm just being honest here."

Fluffy laughed, "My name is Clayton and this is my twin brother-

"Don't tell her my name." Idiot grumbled.

I scowled at him, "Do you want to keep the name, Idiot?"

"Fine, my name is Kevin, can we go now?"

"No, I like Idiot better. It suits you."

I smirked to myself as he whined about it the rest of the way there, oh how I enjoy getting on their nerves already. Clayton knocked on the large doors before silently waiting, when his voice sounded we entered.

I scanned the throne room, refusing to look at the King until I have to. I should probably get some of this anger down or I'll end up punching him in the face; I need to stay calm. Once we stopped walking I finally swallowed my pride and looked at him.

Well, fuck staying calm.

"You bastard!"