Chapter 30

I sighed in relief as I took the shoes off and collapsed onto our bed. Samuel laughed at me from the door way before making his way over. He climbed into the bed and laid beside me, gently twirling my hair.

"Did you have fun tonight?" He asked, giving me a small smile.

I sighed, "Yeah, even though it was exhausting."

"I'm...uh...sorry about Cecilia. I have no idea why she was even here to be honest. She has always hated balls, she thought of them as ridiculous." He whispered, his eyes vulnerable. (A/N: Lol...she hates balls. Pun fully intended.)

I pursed my lips, carefully thinking over my words before answering him. "It's alright, but I want to hear the whole story, Samuel. From your childhood to now."

He nodded, "I guess I owe you that." He sighed before sitting up.

I sat up as well and leaned against the headboard, waiting for him to begin. He took a deep breath, his eyes glazed over with thought.

"As you know, my parents barely allowed me to socialize with royals my age. They believed my studies and lessons on being a King were more important. I did socialize somewhat though, with the maids, our butler, and whenever we had a ball. When I reached the age that I would meet my mate my parents had suddenly disappeared. The council immediately assigned me as King, even though I was far from ready.
I...I told the kingdom to not waste their time searching for my parents. I had so much hatred for them...they never acted like true parents. They were about themselves, their looks and titles. I was disgusted by them, so, I could careless what had happened. I allowed those bitter thoughts to consume me. For months all I did was focus on my duties as King. I could careless about meeting my mate, I still had to prepare for when I was officially crowned as King. That was...until I met her. She took my breath away, she was beautiful. I was quick to become nervous and awkward, I've never dealt with anything like this before. It didn't help that the kingdom never saw my face. At balls I would only see other kings and queens.
I...I attempted to speak with her, but she immediately told me she didn't want me as a mate. So, she rejected me and walked away. Not long after I met Cecilia, she was beautiful, but not as stunning as my mate. We became friends after a few months. We would always hangout whenever we had free time. A week before my ceremony I told her that if my mate didn't want me then...I would mark and mate with her. I was attracted to her, I fooled myself into thinking I had feelings for her. So, the time came to when I was officially crowned as King. Right after my mate walked up to me and told me she was sorry for how she acted, that she wanted me back." He sighed, taking a moment to breathe.

"And I wanted so desperately to be loved." He continued. "I was an idiot and was blinded by my own desire that I hadn't seen it coming. Four weeks after I accepted her...I marked her. She refused to mark me though, stating she would do that when we mated. About a week later she tried killing me by stabbing me. She didn't stab me, but the knife had sliced my shoulder when I moved. The day after I sentenced her to death.
I went to find Cecilia, but when I came to her house I found out her and her father moved. So, since then I just slept around with multiple girls. I hated myself for it, none of it helped me cope with my empty heart....then I met you." He whispered.

I looked at him, slightly hurt by the way he spoke of his mate. I knew, deep down, he will always love her. He marked her, strengthened the bond between them. Even though she's dead, he'll never be able to love me the way he loved her.
I swallowed and smiled a little, but even I knew I didn't mask the pain well.

He sighed, "I tried to fight my feelings for you, knowing you could never love me. But...I still fell. I thought I would never fall in love again, but I did. After you helped me the third time, I hated myself. I screwed up what could have been, I decided to let you find your mate and live a happy life. I didn't know you were mates to Lycan, I knew who he was , but I didn't know who he was to you. And well...you know the rest."

I nodded as he finished, I swallowed. "You loved your mate, huh?"

He nodded, "I did, unfortunately."

"You marked her."

"Yeah, I did. I regret it though, I was just an idiot." He whispered.

I bit my lip, "I see."

I stayed silent, my eyes were wet with unshed tears. Suddenly, Samuel grabbed my jaw softly. He made me look at him, his eyes shined with pain and concern.

"Are you okay? You seem upset." He murmured.

I nodded, "I'm fine."

"Arabella..."

My bottom lip trembled as I stared into his eyes. "Just....you'll never love me the way you loved your mate. You marked her, forever tying yourself to her. No matter what, deep down, you will always love her. You said it yourself, she was breathtaking. I'm just plain."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "What you feel towards Lycan is the same thing I feel towards my ex-mate. I was a fool, I was still a fool with Cecilia too. Do you know what I think of you?"

I hesitated before shaking my head, "Not really, you're confusing." I admitted.

He chuckled a little, "You are the most beautiful woman I've set my eyes on. You're a Goddess, my ex-mate is nothing compared to you. You're not plain, Arabella, you're perfect. I love everything about you, you're breath taking. The minute I saw you I couldn't breathe, I realized then that I had fucked up by killing your father. I did the wrong thing by taking my anger out on you.
Knowing I was the cause of most of your pain was breaking me. I have loved you from very beginning, that love will never fade. What I thought of my ex then was just me being desperate."

I was stunned by his words, I blinked a few times before trying to speak. He laughed before attacking my lips with his. I was frozen at first, but then went along with it. We made-out until we couldn't breathe, when we parted our heads pressed against each other.
He ran his thumb along my cheek, studying me.

"Don't ever think of yourself as less pretty than Cecilia or my ex-mate. They will never ever reach your level of beauty. No one can." He whispered.

I smiled, "Well, there is someone who does beat my level of beauty."

"Who?" He asked with a confused look.

"Oh, I don't know. He's handsome...no...he's the sexiest man I've ever met." I teased.

I chuckled at the puzzled look he gave me, "You, idiot."

He smiled and tackled me, he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck. He then kissed my lips, after a while he trailed kisses down my neck until he reached my collarbone. I let out a moan as his canines grazed that area.

"Can I?" He whispered.

I looked at him, "Only if I can do it to you."

"Of course." He chuckled.

He kissed that spot once more before sinking his teeth in. It hurt for a little while, but eventually the pain dulled and turned into pleasure. He released me and kissed it. He gently wiped the little bit of blood off with his sleeve.

He then looked at me, his eyes showed all of his love and vulnerability. He kissed my lips again.

I looked at him for a moment before kissing him, I wrapped my arms around him and brought him closer. I then trailed kisses down his neck, when I reached the point where his neck and shoulder meet he moaned. I smirked and grazed my canines across like he did.

His grip tightened on the sheets as I continued to torture him. I finally stopped teasing him and plunged my canines in. He winced at first, but when the pleasure took over he moaned softly. I wiped the blood off and kissed him again.

"I love you, Samuel, more than you know." I whispered.

He looked at me and kissed my cheek, "I love you, baby girl. More than anything in this world."

I smiled up at him, "Why don't we go to bed? I'm exhausted."

He chuckled, "I am too."