Chapter 17

I waited for hours on end, along with Emerald and her boyfriend. I sighed, why did this have to happen to me? Couldn't I have endangered someone else's life? Like Lycan's, my goodness, that man needs a taste of his own medicine!

"Hey, are you okay?"

I looked over to a concerned Emerald and sighed. "I'm just anxious for the news."

She gave me a comforting smile when the doctor walked out. All three of us stood up and waited for the exhausted doctor to give us the news.

"He's going to be fine." He confirmed.

I relaxed a bit, "Can we see him?"

"Yes, but please be quiet. He's very weak and tired. But he does want Arabella in there. He won't relax and I think knowing you're safe would help him."

I thanked him before following him to where Samuel was resting. I smiled as we made eye contact and immediately walked over. He raised his hand and I couldn't help but flinch.
His eyes held sorrow and guilt as he looked at me.

I cleared my throat, "Sorry."

"There's no need to be sorry, I was the one who hit you in the past." He reassured me.

He continued raising his hand until he was able to cup my face. I froze before gently and hesitantly leaning into his touch.

He smiled, "After all, when you break something it's up to you to fix it. And that's exactly what I'm going to do."

"You didn't-

"Yes, I did. I abused you, I killed your father, I did everything that I shouldn't have done. I didn't even thank you for saving my life until after the second time. I'm an ass. I want to make it up to you, even if that means giving my life for you."

I was amazed by his honesty as he gazed up at me. His eyes held an intensity that sent chills down my spine and heat to my cheeks.

"I-I..." I trailed off, having no idea what to say.

He chuckled, "You don't have to say anything, Arabella."

I smiled softly and sighed, "So, what are you going to do about Lycan?"

He released a breath, "I have no idea. I could ask the Immortal Royals, but-

"The who?" I blurted out.

He frowned, "You never learned about the Immortal Royals?"

"No."

"The Immortal Royals are the original Werewolves. Unlike us, they can partial shift. When they do that they look like a man-wolf creature. They're not full wolf but not full human either." He explained. "They're also the only ones who can turn someone into a werewolf. But in order to do so they have to put them on the brink of death. Only the strongest can survive."

I nodded, "My parents never mentioned them. Whenever someone said something about them they would quickly shush them."

"That's weird." He stated.

I nodded, "Tell me about it."

We sat in silence before a thought struck me. "I told Lycan to leave...and he listened. When I said so, everyone whimpered and bowed down to me.
It's like a new burst of confidence exploded in me and I had authority in my voice. It was strange."

He frowned, "Maybe you're an Alpha."

"Right." I scoffed. "and you're the Moon Goddess."

"Hey, I could be." He grinned.

I rolled my eyes, "Okay."

He chuckled before yawning, I smiled as his eyes started to droop.

"Go to sleep, we can talk in the morning." I chirped.

He frowned and grabbed my wrist, causing me to jump back a little.

"I didn't mean to scare you...I just wanted to ask if you could stay beside me...for the night. I don't like this whole hospital feel. Even though I'm in my room."

I nodded, "Of course."

It took him thirty minutes to get me to lay beside him. He made sure to not touch me so I wouldn't freak out, but I eventually ended up pressed against him. The hospital bed didn't exactly have a lot of room.

"Goodnight." I whispered.

"Goodnight." He murmured tiredly.

PLEASE READ! It has to do with the guards

In my second book Samuel says that Emerald got rid of all their guards because they refused to do their work. I have a feeling half of you won't read the sequel so I'm just gonna tell you now.

They also hated Samuel and could careless about him. But they had no time to train a whole army so...