Chapter 15

I followed Samuel through the dim lit hallways, admiring their beauty. I know I've been here for a while before, but I never really had a chance to study the castle. Samuel suddenly stopped walking and shoved a door open.

He guided me in before closing it and walking over to the closet.

"Who's room is this?" I asked.

"Mine." He stated as he walked out with a dress.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "And you have dresses in your closet?"

"No." He chuckled. "I...uh...got this...for you."

I gaped at him, he bought me a gown? He laid it on the bed and took off the cover. I gasped, it was beautiful! It was a golden color and of course a ball gown. There were sparkles on it, it was strapless, and also came with long golden gloves.

I turned towards Samuel who seemed very nervous.

"It's beautiful!" I beamed.

A smile lit up his face, "So, you like it?"

"I don't like it, I love it!"

"That's great, I didn't know if you'd like that color but it looked nice and I thought it would look great on you and-

I laughed and placed my hand on his shoulder, "Thank you, Samuel."

He smiled softly and kissed my hand, "You're welcome, now, get dressed. I have a maid who will do your hair and make-up."

It took me a full hour to be completely ready, the whole time Samuel sat on his bed. Once my hair and make-up were done I thanked the maid and walked out of the bathroom. Samuel looked over and his eyes widened.
He stared at me with such awe that it had me blushing. I sat down and grabbed the heels, but he quickly snatched them away.

He walked around and knelt down before putting them on my feet. He then helped me up and smiled at me.

"You look like a Goddess, Arabella." He whispered.

I blushed once again, "Th-thank you."

Samuel guided me down to the ballroom, keeping me very close on the way. We stopped in front of the doors and looked at each other.

He gently ran his thumb along my cheek.
"I know what I have done is unforgivable, but I swear I will make sure you're happy for the rest of your life. I'll protect you from whatever danger surrounds you." He stated.

I swallowed, "Thank you."

He lightly kissed my cheek before hooking his arm around mine. As the doors opened the announcer, I'm guessing, announced Samuel and I's arrival.
I ignored the nervous feeling as everyone looked up at us and clapped. Many couples looked at me with shock and wonderment.

"Thank you everyone for coming, I want you to meet my beautiful date, Arabella!" Samuel announced.

Everyone clapped and cheered as we walked down the many stairs. A few girls would give me glares, but I ignored them.

Samuel brought me over to a large table and sat me down. He then took a seat beside me and smiled at everyone around the table.

"Excuse me, but who is she?" A female voice asked.

I looked over to see a beautiful girl staring at me. She had black hair, pale skin, and green eyes.

"Emerald, this is my date, Arabella. Arabella, this is my little sister Emerald." Samuel introduced.

I smiled and relaxed as she grinned.

"It's very nice to meet you, Arabella." She said, shaking my hand.

I smiled, "It's nice to meet you, your Highness."

"Oh, you can call me Emerald." She giggled. "I don't like my title taking over my name's job."

I laughed, "Well then, it's nice to meet you too, Emerald."