Chapter 35

I woke up to Samuel tightly hugging me in his sleep, a smile crawled onto my face as I turned in his arms. I gently stroked his cheek as he slept, watching his sleeping form. My mind wondered to when we first met, when I developed such strong hatred for him. Then, after helping him, after him leaving that not, after almost losing him forever, that hatred vanished. Love, worry, and joy were the only things I felt for him and still do. Waking up to him, seeing his smile, hearing his voice, everything he does just has me falling in love with him all over again. Yes, I'm still afraid of him hitting me when he's angry. Who knows what will happen if he ever does. He's a man full of anger, but also a man who just wants someone to love him. For someone who he can give all of his love to. I smiled at the thought of raising a family with him. Not now, I'm not ready and neither is he.
Once we're both King and Queen, maybe then we can consider the thought.

His eyes suddenly fluttered open, revealing those beautiful bright brown eyes that I love seeing. He looked at me, neither one of us spoke. We just studied each other as fully mated wolves.

"Good morning." He finally whispered in a sleepy voice.

I smiled softly and kissed him on the cheek, "Morning."

I sat up and yawned, I stretched all of my cramped muscles before standing up. I winced when I tried walking, I really didn't think about how sore I was going to be after we had sex. I heard a deep chuckle from Samuel as he walked out of the bathroom. I furrowed my eyebrows, wasn't he just in the bed?

He smirked and picked me up, "While you were stretching and day dreaming I decided a warm bath would help you. You're sore, huh?"

I blushed as he sat me in the tub, "Just a little."

"Darling, you couldn't even walk without wincing. And you say a little." He scoffed.

"Asshole." I muttered playfully.

He smirked, "I'm your asshole though."

"Honey, my asshole is a hole in my ass. You, sir, are my annoying sexy cupcake." I replied.

"Your...annoying sexy cupcake....well, I guess that's better than being something that shit comes out of." He commented.

I scrunched up my nose, "Ew! That's gross!"

"Hey, you walked right into that one." He replied, laughing.

I opened my mouth to argue, but sighed and relaxed against the tub. I smiled and looked up at him.

"I like this side of you better than the first side I saw." I blurted out.

He smiled softly and kissed me on my lips. "You helped me get to this point. I'm sorry for...everything I've done. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

"You already have, Samuel."

"How?"

"Protecting me from Lycan and being the perfect mate a she-wolf could ask for." I whispered.

He paused for a moment before continuing, "But that doesn't replace the pain I put you through."

"No, it doesn't. But to be honest, I did bring out the worst in you...for those first few weeks."

He chuckled, "That, you did, but I shouldn't have hit you. I shouldn't ever hit a man or woman, and you helped me realize that. I...I hate myself for it."

I sighed and looked at him again, "I know you hate yourself for it, but dwelling on the past isn't going to do anything for us in the future. You learned your lesson, all I need for you to do now is to not hate yourself. For anything. Please?"

He stared at me for a moment before nodding, "I promise."