Chapter 22

"Samuel, get in the damn car." Emerald snapped, glaring at him.

I rolled my eyes as Samuel flashed her his own glare, even though it didn't look as scary. I mean, to be honest, the guy looks half dead. I marched over to them and grabbed Samuel's wrist, I gave him a warning look. I didn't want to deal with his stubborn ass today, I don't even know why I love him so much. Maybe because he looks like a model? No, that's not it. Lycan looks like a damn model, but he's a crazy weirdo and I am far from loving him.

Samuel didn't argue, he slowly followed behind me, stumbling here and there when his legs gave out. I felt bad for yanking him along, I seriously need to think of how he is feeling. I turned around and wrapped my arm around him, putting most of his weight on me. He sighed in relief and leaned against me, obvious exhaustion on his face. I gently helped him sit down without falling over, I grimaced at how light he felt. It took us the rest of the day yesterday to pack all of our things.

Emerald made me help Samuel shower though, claiming she had to use the bathroom. He still had his muscle tone, but his ribs were starting to show. The only bad thing about being a werewolf is how we lose weight so easily. Sure, that's a dream come true to people who struggle to lose weight, but it isn't fun losing it so quickly. It causes us to become weak and vulnerable, which makes werewolves feel on edge. We have the animal instincts that kick in and make us search for some place safe, where an enemy can't hurt us.

Especially when we're sick, our weight drops like it's nothing. If we eat soup or something while we're sick then the weight stays on pretty well, but Samuel had nothing for the past four days. He leaned his head back and close his eyes, sweat coated his forehead. I took a rag and gently wiped away the sweat, smiling softly at him when his eyes fluttered open.

"Rest." I whispered, kissing him lightly on the temple.

I closed the door, I hesitated as I reached the passenger door. I bit my lip, as Emerald started the car I walked around and hopped in. I scooted close to Samuel and buckled myself in, I then allowed him to rest his head on my shoulder. I sighed, hoping they'll agree to help him.

"Hey, guys, we're here."

I slowly opened my eyes to see Emerald staring at us, with the door wide open. I gently shook Samuel awake before climbing out. I then helped him out, but the minute he stood up he fell over. Emerald closed the door and hurried over to the doors, when she came back she had a wheelchair. I gently sat him in it and grabbed the bags.

"They have hotels?" I asked, looking around.

Emerald nodded, amusement sparkling in her eyes. "Well, duh, where do you think visitors stay?"

I blushed at my question, "Shut up."

"You thought the castle, didn't you?"

"What? I've never been here before."

She laughed, we continued walking through the hotel until we reached our room. I sighed in relief, my arms feel like they're about to fall off. She swung the door open and wheeled a passed out Samuel inside, leaving me dragging the bags in. I threw them on the ground and closed the door, I collapsed onto the ground.

"My arms, they're free!" I sighed dramatically.

Emerald raised an eyebrow, "Seriously? You're a werewolf."

"What? I can struggle with bags too." I pouted.

She shook her head, "Help me get him into a bed."

"You're a werewolf, you can pick him up."

"Oh, so you're seriously going to start now?"

I smirked, "Yupp."

"How are you and my brother not true mates? You're perfect for each other."

I shrugged and got up, "Who knows."

As we tucked him into bed a thought crossed my mind, I bit my lip. "Hey, has he...met...his mate yet?"

Emerald froze before letting out a breath, "Yeah, he has."

"What...um...happened?"

"She rejected him, told him that no one could ever love a freak like him." she explained.

I frowned, "He's not a freak."

"I know, but since he was nervous around her and awkward...she thought of him like that. Funny, the minute he was crowned king she was trying to win him back."

"I'm guessing he never went back with her?"

"Oh, he did...then she tried killing him and he said no more. He sentenced her to death, since then he's had so much anger. And when he saw you...he fell in love again. But he had it in his head that you would never love him, he thought of himself as a temperamental freak. He thought he was bad for you. He did the stupid thing of taking it out on you...he was really hard on himself after you left." she explained, her voice cracking.

"What do you mean?" I whispered.

She gently grabbed his arm and rolled his sleeves up, on the inside of his arm were multiple scars. Tears pricked my eyes at the sight of them, he cut himself.

"He's messed up, I know...but he's had a rough life. Our parents barely ever talked to us, he eventually stopped talking to them. We never saw our family and he wasn't allowed to have friends. You'd think being the Prince he would of had everything he wanted. Oh, we both got everything we wanted except for one thing. For our parents to actually love us." she whispered, tears now rolling down her cheeks.

"But they never did..." she sighed and sat down.

I stood there for a minute before walking over and hugging her, "I'm so sorry." I whispered.

She hugged me back, "He really needs you, he loves you so much. He's just figuring out how to show it."

"I know he is."

"Now, let's get some rest. We have a busy day ahead of us tomorrow." she smiled.

I nodded and quickly got changed into my pj's, instead of crawling into the third bed I laid beside Samuel. I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his chest. Tears rolled down my cheeks and landed on his shirt.

He suddenly started stroking my hand with his thumb and planting a kiss on my temple. "Wh-why are you...c-crying?" he whispered.

I slowly looked up, I had no idea what to say. I was crying for him, for the life without a parents' love. I mean sure, my parents weren't really my parents but they loved me like their own. I just sighed and cupped his face. I looked at him once more before planting my lips to his. He was in shock at first, but moved his lips with mine. When we parted his eyes were wide with surprise.

I chuckled, thankful that the darkness was hiding my blush. "I know this is weird, but...I love you." I whispered.

He blinked, "You do?"

I nodded, "Yes."

My voice was firm, there was no doubt inside of me. I loved him with all my heart and that will never change.

Author's note: Happy Thanksgiving guys! If you don't celebrate Thanksgiving...then...uh...Happy Thursday? I honestly don't understand why we celebrate Thanksgiving because of what I've heard about Christopher Columbus and how he treated the Native Americans. (No, I'm not Native American.) But...I'm not going to argue lol.

And guys, please, be thankful for your loved ones. And if you love someone, tell them. This chapter, was based off of how much I loved and still love my friend. In September, on the 28th, he committed suicide. I grew up with him and by the time I figured out that I did love him, it was too late. Everyone tells me how much he loved me and that I was all he talked about. I miss him so much and it's hard to know that he's gone.

Please, tell that person you love them. Even if they don't' feel the same, at least they'll know someone does love them. And you never know, maybe saying "I love you" will be just enough to make someone happy and help bring them out of the darkness.