Chapter 32

I frowned as I studied the turkey, trying to decide if it was big enough for dinner. Samuel sighed as he carried two more, allowing me to compare them. I bit my lip, for the past five minutes we've been standing here just staring at the turkeys. I opened my mouth to tell him to put those two back when an unwanted voice sounded.

We both looked over to see a grinning Cecilia, her eyes were blazing with jealousy. I sighed and turned back towards Samuel who was looking at me and the turkeys.

"We'll just get the one already in the cart." I told him as I grabbed one turkey out of his hands.

He nodded and placed the turkey back, Cecilia cleared her throat as we did so, but we only continued to ignore her. Samuel immediately smiled as he saw the chocolate donuts, he held them up with pleading eyes. I chuckled and nodded, he's such a child sometimes.

"Excuse me, I'm trying to get your attention!" Cecilia snapped, narrowing her eyes.

I turned to look at her, a smirk made itself known on my face. "Oh, I'm sorry, were you standing there the whole time?"

I could see the anger slowly make its way into her eyes, but before she could voice out that anger Samuel gently grabbed my arm. "Let's not waste our time, dinner is in a few hours and this turkey is going to take some time to cook." he explained.

I nodded in agreement, "You're right, did you get the donuts?"

"Yes, and your favorite sugar cookies with the icing on them." he replied.

I grinned and kissed his cheek, "You're the best."

"I try."

I rolled my eyes at him but continued to walk away, he snaked his arm around my waist and kissed my head. I wanted to turn around and laugh in Cecilia's face as she threw a tantrum, but I thought against it. I glanced at Samuel to see an annoyed look etched onto his face, his eyes glazed over with thought. I bit my lip, wondering if I managed to annoy him in just a few minutes.

"Are you okay?" I whispered.

He frowned and looked at me, "Yeah, she just annoys me."

"Well, you probably won't see her as much." I spoke.

He nodded, "Hopefully."

When we returned to the castle the chef quickly grabbed the turkey to cook it, my mother inspected it first. I was relieved when she approved of it, if she didn't then my dad could go and get another one. Samuel placed the donuts and cookies on the counter before grabbing a glass of water. I sighed as I sat down at the table, studying the kitchen. This is only the second time I've been here and I'm just realizing how big it really is. Someone suddenly wrapped their arms around me and started kissing my neck. I smiled and sighed on content.

"Do you want to watch movie?" Samuel whispered against my skin.

I opened my eyes and looked up at him, "Yes."

He chuckled as I hopped out of the chair and sprinted to our room, a few seconds after he joined me. Before I could grab the doorknob he swooped me into his arms and walked into the room. I laughed as he tossed me onto the bed, causing me to bounce a little. He closed the bedroom door before throwing himself onto the bed. He then proceeded to attack me, he tickled my sides as I laughed like a maniac. When he finally stopped I had to gain my breath and wipe the tears from my eyes.

"I think that concludes my ab workout for the day." I chuckled.

He grinned, "Laughter is a great workout, but I seriously want to train tomorrow. I like working out."

I laid against him, "Why don't we go to the gym tomorrow? I could seriously use some muscle..."

"You do need some muscle..." he laughed.

"Asshole." I grumbled before kissing his cheek.

"You love me."

"Yes, I do."

Halfway through the movie I started getting drowsy, my eyes felt heavier by each passing second. Samuel grabbed the remote and switched the TV off before pulling me closer. He yawned and rested his head on mine, allowing me to rest my head on his chest. I closed my eyes and sighed, now this is what it means to have a cuddle buddy.