Chapter 6

I scrubbed the last bit of the kitchen floor, my hands were sore, my back ached, my neck ached, my whole damn body ached. My vision would blur every now and then, my stomach growled, and my mouth was dry from lack of water. Even if he said I could have water twice a day I refuse to drink any, just to piss him off for not listening again.

See, my revenge is simple and doesn't involve his death, sadly. I'm not like him, I'm not going to murder him, but going to make his life a living hell. I can't exactly take everyone from him that he loves, they're not here anymore. I highly doubt he loves that Kayla girl, he'll do anything for pleasure. I sighed, wiping the sweat from my forehead.

I slowly stood up so the room wouldn't spin again, I can't even remember the last time I actually ate something. The day they took me I only had a glass of water and that was it. I've always been on the thin side, my metabolism is fast and any calories I consume my body burns them. I sighed as I threw the dirty cloth into the dirty clothes. I glanced at the washer and dryer to see if they were done before looking at my list again.

It's already two in the afternoon and I only finished half the list. I still have multiple things to do, but thankfully Samuel isn't here today. He's in town with Rose and Kayla, since they have to carry anything he buys. I frowned as envy crawled up my spine again, making me confused. Why do I envy Rose and Kayla for spending time with him? I'm disgusted by the man, I have no love for him at all, only hatred.

A deep, burning hatred that will never end. I continued on with my chores, making sure I do everything right so I could just go to sleep after this. I'm in bed by ten and up by one, if I'm up any later my life is going to suck more. I was just finishing up the last hallway when I could hear his laughter.

"Oh, I got something for you, Kayla." he said softly.

I swallowed and clenched my jaw, okay, maybe he is in love with Kayla. I knew what I wanted to do, to take her away from him, but I then thought of what I thought earlier. I don't want to be like him, taking away Kayla from him would only make me the same beast he is. I closed my eyes and sighed, no, I'll just be a pain in the ass till he kills me. That sounds about right; goddess, do I hate having a kind heart sometimes.

I walked downstairs and right past them as he handed her a beautiful necklace, of course she shrieked and hugged him. "Oh, thank you, babe!" she cooed.

I continued putting the cleaning products away and focused on the kitchen. I glanced at the time and sighed, it's already nine forty-five, I still have to finish my final chore. That's cleaning out the kitchen and reorganizing everything.

I quickly got to work, just wanting to go to bed already. I pulled out the boxes and organized them into sections before putting them back. Once I was finished I looked at the clock and sighed, it's almost midnight. I frowned, there's really no use to going to bed now.

I poked my head out of the kitchen to see no one there, I smiled a little before walking to my room. Well, should just take a shower so I can feel some what normal. As I allowed the warm water to wash over me I melted into my thoughts.

Self-hatred was the only thing that I felt as I thought of everything that has happened. I now knew why I envied Rose and Kayla, it wasn't because they got to spend time with him, it's because they don't have the life I do. They no longer have chores and can just roam around the kingdom while I have to clean every single day. They have a family while I'm by myself, paying for something my father did.

I eventually slid down the shower wall and curled up in the corner, crying my eyes out. I don't have a family, I don't have a pack who actually cares about me, I don't even have a mate. Not anymore. My nails turned into claws as I dug them into my flesh.

Why can't I just sleep and never wake up?