Chapter 48

I sprinted through the field, killing anyone who attempted to snap my neck. I kept searching the field now full of warriors, begging the Moon Goddess to let Samuel show up out of nowhere. I managed to find my father who told me my mother was hidden and safe. I sighed in relief at that, but I still couldn't find my mate. A sharp pain kept going through my abdomen and chest, but I ignored it. It wasn't my pain, it was Samuel's and it was in the same spot as those claw marks. I had tears in my eyes as the pain started to get worse, all of a sudden it vanished completely. Icy fear grabbed at my heart, but I didn't allow it to hold me back. 

Anger consumed me at the thought of anyone hurting him, I shifted and started ripping through vampires and wolves. I was blinded by my rage and need to find my mate, not only that, but the threat to my kingdom. I was angered further when I saw vampires trying to kill any pups who lost their way. With lightening speed I slaughtered the vampires and guided the children to a safe place. I then continued to protect them, making sure none of the weird rogues or vampires were able to reach them. 

Blood roared in my ears as my wounds healed slowly, my wolf putting most of her strength into our connection. I have no idea how much time has passed since the start of the attack, but I still haven't seen Samuel or even felt anything through the bond. I've tried mind-linking him, but he blocked me out. 

"Princess, watch out!" 

I spun around to see a large wolf lunging at me, his claws outstretched as he prepared to tear through my flesh. I bared my canines, getting into a fighting stance with my ears flat against my head. Before the strange rogue could even touch me a brown wolf slammed him onto the ground. The wolf swiftly snapped the rogue's neck. He then turned and faced me, I immediately relaxed when I saw those amber-brown eyes. He barked and licked me cheek before growling at something behind me, I turned around to see a smirking Payton and a pissed off Lycan. 

Lycan narrowed his eyes, they were black as he studied me. "I see you two have marked and mated." he whispered lowly, disgust written on his face.

I growled, warning him to leave. Payton titled her head, I could see hurt flash in her otherwise dead eyes before rage took over. Samuel growled louder when Cecilia appeared, a smile plastered on her face. Her eyes held envy and anger as usual. 

"Why do you want a whore like her?" Cecilia sneered. "She's nothing." 

Samuel got in front of me and growled, laying his ears flat against his head. The children behind us whimpered and pressed themselves closer to the corner. I glanced at them, worry filling me at the sight of their frightened faces. 

"Samuel, the children..." I mind-linked him, thankful the wall was down.

"I'll take care of these three, you take the children to the basement where your mother is." he instructed, baring his canines at the three enemies. 

I swallowed, I hesitant to move, I couldn't just leave him here alone. I scanned the wolves behind them until I spotted my father. 

"Dad, help Samuel, please." I pleaded with him. "Sneak up on Lycan and snap his neck."

My father looked at me and nodded, I turned and nudged the closest child. I motioned for her to follow me and gave a look to the others. One by one they stood up and started following me, running close beside me. I was thankful that the Royals' children had inhumane speed or this would have been way more difficult. When we reached the castle I guided them through the halls until we reached the basement, I then motioned for them to go down. I was relieved when my mother opened the door and started guiding them down the stairs.