Chapter 13

I snapped my eyes open as I heard a pained scream from below, internally cussing out Samuel, I sprinted downstairs. I sighed as I saw him trying to, idiotically, yank something out of his side.
Blood was soaking his side and dripping onto the ground as he continued to yank at the sharp object. I studied his side before frowning, that object is most likely in his spleen. Great.
I stormed over to him and slapped his hand away, earning a stunned look.
"I-I thought you were...sleeping." He stated, his face twisted up into a grimace.
I sighed, "Well, with your screaming, that's not exactly easy."
"Sorry."
I shook my head before kneeling beside him, inspecting the wound.
"You need a hospital for this." I stated.
"D-doctor...f-forbid me..." He whispered, his eyes fluttering.
I furrowed my eyebrows, anger bubbling within my chest. I know he has done horrible things, but that doesn't mean the doctor should refuse the patient of treatment. I clenched my jaw and stood up, forcing Samuel to his feet. Not gently either.
He winced and slowly followed me to the kitchen where I sat him down and found my mother's first aid stuff.
Luckily for Samuel, my mother was the pack's surgeon and she taught me her skills. I used to do surgeries when she couldn't, but even now, the pack considers me the outcast.
I inspected the wound again and sighed, there was one thing she hasn't taught me though. Doing surgery on an organ that was punctured. I did have the basics and some advanced stuff down, hopefully it'll help us until I can get him actual treatment.
I pulled the sharp object out, which ended up being a regular blade coated I wolfsbane. I sighed in relief, wolfsbane just slows the healing down by a little bit, so his wolf should finish up healing him. I grabbed a piece of medal and made it hot before putting it into the wound.
Samuel let out a pained growl, sending chills down my spine. Once the bleeding had stopped I started to stitch it together.
"You're going to need the doctor to check this, this isn't really how it's supposed to be treated. Most likely, your wolf will heal your spleen and the wound, so you shouldn't need medical treatment except for this. But just to be on the safe side..."
I tightly stitched it, causing him to keep gasping in pain. Once I was finished I wrapped him and grinned, revenge is sweet.
"Did you...h-have to make it...th-that painful?" He asked, pain evident in his tone.
I smirked, "Nope."
He scowled at me, but I ignored him and checked out his other wounds. Thankfully they were just deep cuts that needed to be cleaned out, other than those, he's fine.
I got up and cleaned up the supplies before taking my gloves off. I turned around to see a very pale Samuel.
"Here." I said, grabbing a glass and filling it with water. "Drink slowly."
He slowly drank the water before placing the glass down. I put it in the sink then grabbed him by the wrist. This time I had to be careful, unless I wanted to stitch him up again.
"You can stay in the guest bedroom." I explained, shoving the door open.
He laid on the bed, wincing every now and then before relaxing.
"I want you gone by eight tomorrow morning and no later." I instructed, my voice firm.
He swallowed, "O-okay."
I watched him for a bit, "Hurts huh?"
He nodded quietly.
"Now you know how I felt." I spat before leaving.

I slipped under my covers and fell asleep, the third time I saved his ass and I didn't receive a thank you. Why am I not surprised?

(A/N: I was going to end it here...but you guys deserved a long chapter ;) )

I woke up the next morning, feeling tired but refreshed all at the same time. I crawled out of bed and checked to see if he had left. I poked my head into the room to see the bed made neatly, except for one pillow. I picked the pillow up before walking downstairs.
I guess I really am free, he didn't even try to force me to go back. I froze when I entered the kitchen, my heart fluttering.
Sitting on the table was a bouquet of red and white roses, a note, and something covered by a plate.
I picked the plate up to see cooked eggs, sausage, and bacon. I then noticed the glass of milk, I felt it and frowned. It's still cold.
I then looked at the note and read it.
"Dear Arabella,

Thank you for saving my life now three times. I know I hurt you in the past and I'll never fully understand that, but you've helped me in more ways than one. You made me realize how much of a selfish bastard I've been. I'm sorry for all the things I did, most importantly, causing you pain. Both physical and emotional. I know the breakfast, roses, and note won't bring any of your happiness back. For that, I am truly sorry. If I could go back in time I would, I would stop myself from killing your father.
I'll never be able to win my mate back, for she was murdered by rogues. I know how it feels to be completely lost and heartbroken, after all, I've hurt many people. I will never have a Queen by my side like I've wanted, but the thought of you being happy is good enough for me. I hope you're life is filled with nothing but happiness. I hope you find your true love some day, an angel like you should not live alone. It's not fun, trust me, I would know.
After all, who could ever love a beast?

Sincerely,
Samuel"

I stared at the note before slowly putting it down. To say I was shocked would be an understatement, I was blown away. I actually got King Samuel to thank me and apologize all at once. That should be a new record. I glanced at the note one more time before sitting down and eating breakfast.
My wolf kept trying to tell me something, but I ignored it. Once I was done I placed the dishes in the sink and got dressed. For some reason I started to feel lonely in my house, and it's not because no one was here. It's because he wasn't here.
I shook my head, it's only because I was used to him being around me almost every day. Now that I'm free from him, I had nothing to worry about.
I finished doing my chores before deciding to ride through the woods.
I tacked up my grey mare before hopping on and walking into the forest. After a while we reached the meadow and we took off into a gallop. I smiled as the wind raced through my hair and danced upon my dress. My horse's mane flowed gracefully in the wind, like a silver stream.
Once we reached the forest again we slowed down to an easy trot. I admired the beautiful forest when I reached the wall of the castle. I looked up and sighed, quickly finding the balcony of the room I used to stay in.
Clayton told me that my room was the only room with blue curtains, a rather beautiful blue. The only thing I truly missed from the castle is probably the comfy bed. I sighed, such a comfortable mattress.
"What are you doing here?"
I turned my horse to see Samuel on a large Friesian, his blue eyes filled with wonderment.
I swallowed, "I was going for a ride through the woods and hadn't realized I reached the castle. What are you doing?" I asked.
He chuckled, "Riding my horse and patrolling the castle walls of course. I am the King after all."
"Aren't the guards for that?"
He shrugged, "Gives me something to do."
I nodded before gently nudging my horse along.
"I have to get going now." I stated. "I don't want to hold the King up."
I could see a flash of sorrow in his eyes before he masked it.
"Uh, are you...um...coming to the ball?" He asked nervously.
I shook my head, "I never go."
"But everyone is invited, it's my little sister's birthday and she wanted the whole kingdom to have fun."
The whole kingdom. My mate. I shook my head, "I really can't."
"Why?"
"He's-I mean, I...I just can't. I don't do well with these things and I don't have a gown."
He gave me a weird look before sighing in defeat. "Well, have a nice day." He sounded.
"You too."
Before I could get far I stopped my horse and turned around. "Samuel?"
He turned and raised his eyebrow in question.
"You're welcome."