Chapter 12

I sighed in content as I laid in the warm water, my sore muscles relaxing. It has been two days since I left the castle and luckily Samuel didn't come after me.
I washed all of the sweat and dirt off of me before reluctantly climbing out of the tub. I then wrapped a towel around me, realizing I forgot my clothes in the bedroom. I drained the tub and walked to my room, wondering what I'm going to do tomorrow.
I was almost to my room when someone pounded on my door, making my heart skip a beat.
They kept on knocking as I just stood there, completely paralyzed with fear.
"Arabella...p-please open...th-the d-door."
Samuel?
I clenched my jaw, the evident pain in his voice making me feel as if I should help him, but I shook my head. It's all just a trick to capture me again, I'm not going back to that hell hole.
I got dressed and walked downstairs, I cracked the door open and peeked outside, sighing in relief when I didn't see him there. I was about to shut the door when his voice sounded.
"D-darling...I'm down...h-here."
I looked down to see him laying on the porch, covered in blood. I clenched my jaw and folded my arms over my chest.
"Why are you here?" I snapped, my voice cold.
He swallowed, "I-I...n-need...y-your...help."
His voice was growing weaker as the blood continued to leave him, but I couldn't bring myself to help him. I clenched my jaw and turned around.
"Too bad, I could careless. Go find someone who does care." I spat.
"I-I thought-
"You thought what? That I actually care about a self conceited king like you? How could I? You murdered my father and then almost worked me to death! Literally!" I snarled. "So, no, I don't care."

With that I slammed my door shut and stood there fuming. I could hear him sigh as he struggled to stand, clawing at the wood on my house.
I moved to walk away when I saw something out my window. I narrowed my eyes, trying to make out the form sitting in the trees. A glint of silver shined in the light as the figure held up an arrow.
My eyes widened, he had a silver arrow. I looked towards the door and ran out, searching for Samuel. I finally spotted him, limping into the forest. I rolled my eyes and ran out of the house and collided with him.
He gave me a confused look, but I ignored it and yanked him towards the house. I shoved him through the door as something sliced through the air. I winced as the arrow scraped against my calf, the silver burning my skin.
I shut my door and collapsed onto the ground, panting.
Samuel groaned from in front of me, causing me to look up.
"What happened to you?" I blurt out as I scrambled to my feet.
He slowly turned and got to his feet, grabbing the wall as he swayed. I locked the door and leaned against it, waiting for his answer.
He glanced at me, his blue eye shining with pain.
"N-nothing." He stated.
I raised an eyebrow, "You don't look like nothing happened. Plus, you were asking for my help a few minutes ago."
"Wh-which reminds m-me." He chirped. "Wh-why did you...gr-grab me?"
I glanced out my window, "There was a hunter in the trees." I voiced. "He's not there though."
"Looks like he got you."
I glanced at my leg and shrugged, "It'll heal."
"Yeah and give you silver poisoning."
"That's a rare possibility with it just being a scratch. You shouldn't be talking either, you look like shit."
"Thank you." He mumbled.
I smirked, "Welcome, make yourself comfortable. I'm going to bed."
"W-wait! Y-you're not going to...help...me?"
"I just saved your ass a second time and you didn't thank me. I didn't even get a thank you from the time before. So, no, I'm not going to waste my time for someone as ungrateful as you.
Usually, that doesn't bother me though. However, you've abused me for the past two weeks, you don't deserve any help." I snapped before walking to my room.

No way am I helping him. He can suffer for all I care. He's a werewolf, he'll heal.