Chapter 27

"Samuel, that doesn't go there." I sighed as he placed my dress in the bathroom.

He frowned, "I know, I'm still figuring out the closet. Why do you have so many dressed anyway?"

"I don't know, my mom said something about being a princess and all of that stuff." I replied with a shrug.

After a lot of convincing, I ended up agreeing to share a room with Samuel. I was stunned by the fact my parents said I should be mates with him already, but I didn't dwell on it much. Our butler explained that the Immortal Royals usually mate within the first month of meeting their mates, but I'm not like them.
I want to get to know the real Samuel, I want to fall in love deeper and I want to take things slow. It's probably going to be even more difficult now since we're sharing a room.
I glanced at him as he put his stuff away, grinning at how he organized it. I rolled my eyes and chuckled silently, this is a way different Samuel. Not the one who killed my other father on that dreadful night.

We both looked up as Emerald poked her head in, she grinned at us.
"Getting busy?" She asked with a wink.

I scowled at her, "Yeah, we're putting our stuff away."

She laughed and walked fully in, she sighed as she sat on our bed. "So...Samuel, are you staying here? I have to return in a few days to our castle...uncle Damon can't watch over or village forever."

Samuel frowned, "Do you want me to be in charge again?"

"No, I'm pretty sure I can handle it."

"Then, I'll have uncle Damon schedule your crowning ceremony. You're old enough to be Queen now." Samuel said, smiling.

Emerald's eyes lit up with excitement, "Does that mean I can-

"No, you are not filling every freezer with mint ice cream." He stated firmly.

Emerald glowered at him, she then looked at me and grinned. "Arabellaaaaaa..."

I raised an eyebrow, I then smirked. "Well, you are the Queen..."

"Oh, come on!" Samuel whined.

I laughed, "She'll burn all those calories off in less than a minute during training."

"B-but..."

"Hey, you filled them up with cookies' and cream mint ice cream! Why can't I put mine in the freezers?" Emerald argued, narrowing her eyes at her brother.

Samuel glared back at her, "No."

"Samuel, if you're living here for now on..." I began.

"I know, I'm just teasing her." He grinned.

Emerald rolled her eyes before leaving the room. I sighed as I put my last shirt in a drawer. I then sat on the bed, watching Samuel put his clothes away. I chewed on my bottom lip as I thought over the fact Samuel is going to stay with me.
My wolf and I were beyond happy, but I couldn't help being nervous. What if we fight again? I don't want to lose him, but I know that fear of him hitting me out of anger will return.

All of a sudden I felt someone wrapping their arms around my waist. Samuel pulled me against him as we laid on the bed. He kissed my neck gently, his eyes shining with love.
I sighed in content, enjoying the feeling of being near him. I left soft kisses on his jawline before stopping and looking at him.

He ran his hand through my hair and kissed my lips. "Something is bothering you." He whispered against me.

I sighed, "I'm just nervous about living with you...what if we get into a bunch of fights and...lose each other?"

He rolled onto his elbows and frowned at me. "Sorry to break it to ya...but you're stuck with me."

I chuckled, "Good."

"If we do get into fights then we fix them. Relationships aren't meant to be happy all the time. If there isn't any fighting there is something wrong."

"But if there's too much fighting then something is wrong too."

"True, but we will fight over stupid things. However, I'm not going to just walk away and do something stupid. Hell, if we fight you are not going to bed upset." He stated.

I smiled, "And neither are you if we fight."

He grinned and kissed me, "I love you."

"I love you too." I whispered back.