Chapter 38

I woke up before Samuel, as he slept I just studied the room. My mind drifted to Lycan, Cecilia, and Samuel's original mate. If Cecilia wants Samuel so bad why bring back his mate? I know she's a vampire now and the bond no longer exists between them, especially since I completed the bond with him, but why? Questions swirled around my head, giving me a throbbing headache. I closed my eyes and groaned, all of this is happening too fast and it's stressing me out.

"Are you okay?"

I snapped my eyes open and looked at a concerned Samuel, his eyes still had flecks of pain in them though. I smiled softly at him and kissed him on his head.

"I'm fine, just thinking too much." I replied.

He chuckled, "You do that a lot."

"I know, so, how is your arm?" I questioned, glancing at it.

He frowned, "To be honest, it hurts like hell. I guess this pays for the shit I did to you?" He teased.

I frowned at him, "I already forgave you."

"I know, but-

"Samuel, there is no more dwelling on the past, okay? Why don't we think about the war that is supposed to happen Saturday?"

"Oh yeah, the Queen is definitely your mother."

I laughed and playfully slapped him, "I'm serious though, what are we going to do? And why did Cecilia even bring your mate back? I mean, she wants you, doesn't she?"

He sighed, "Even if my original mate had died and brought back as a vampire she still has her memories. She will remember herself being a werewolf and remember us being mates. Which means she'll remember the title she can gain if we were to fully mate." He explained.

"So...if she sees me and the marks..." I trailed off, already knowing the answer.

He had a grim look on his face as he nodded, "Which is why you are to stay close to me. If she bites you three times then...the venom will kill you."

"Are you sure that's a good idea? I mean, seeing me beside you every second is going to cause more anger."

"I need to keep an eye on you during the fight or you stay back."

I clenched my jaw, "Fine."

When Samuel was allowed out of the hospital we returned to our room immediately. I ordered him to rest before getting a shower and changed, I had to go and find my parents. I know Samuel wants me next to him the whole entire time, but I've thought about it.
I can't be close to him, he'll always look my way to make sure I'm still beside him. It would be easier for me to go my own way and fight, I'll just mind-link him every now and then to assure him I'm alive. I silently closed the bedroom door and searches for my parents. When I found them they were already making the plan with their lead warrior.
I shyly walked in, nodding at the tall man as I took my place beside my father. My parents smiled softly at me, they then focused on the plan again.

"Arabella, you will be close to Samuel, right?" My mother asked.

I sighed and shook my head, "That will distract him, I'm going to go my own way and fight. I'll just let him know I'm okay every now and then."

My parents nodded in agreement, I looked down at the map with them. I shifted on my feet as I felt someone's gaze on me. After a while I looked up to see the lead warrior staring at me with hidden emotions. I bit my lip and looked away, not liking the way he was staring at me.
Once we took a break I walked out and decided to explore the rest of the castle. Samuel is probably still sleeping and I don't want to bother him. I got curious when I stumbled upon a dark hall. I hesitated before walking down it, I ignored the small voice that told me to turn around.
There were pictures of Queens and Kings lining the walls, each of them holding their own mounds of dust. The walls looked maroon in the dim lighting, there was golden swirls decorating them though. There were a few con webs on the frames and cracks in the wall. I was so transfixed by the paintings and design that I hadn't seen the silhouette of someone else following me. When I finally did I was pinned against the wall. The scent of pine attacked my nostrils, causing me to sneeze. I stared at my attacker with wide eyes, quickly recognizing my parents' lead warrior.

"Hello, princess." He whispered, a smirk on his face.

I furrowed my eyebrows before kicking him in the balls. I let out some noise before attempting to run away, but he was quicker. He grabbed me by my waist and pinned me against the wall again. I could see the dark lust in his eyes, disgust and fear immediately filled me. What if he does what Lycan had done? I struggled to get away from him, but he was stronger than me. I mentally cussed myself out for not working out like Samuel does.

He didn't say anything before crushing his lips against mine. I froze in shock, why the hell is this man kissing me? What is even happening? One minute I'm exploring a hallway and the next the creepy lead warrior is lip raping me. Is that even a thing?
It took a minute for my common sense to make its grand entrance again as I went to push him off. However, he was already being thrown down the hall. A loud growl echoed off the walls, a shiver ran down my back when I made eye contact with a very pissed off Samuel.

He glared at the man before glaring at me. I tensed up, my mind went blank as I tried thinking of what to say. His eyes held betrayal as he glared at me, it had me irritated. He's going to fucking assume that I was kissing that man.

"You're fucking making out with a guy a day after completing the bond? Seriously?" He snapped.

Yeah, he's assuming already.

I opened my mouth to say something, but the word won't come out. I continued to choke on my words as more anger radiated off of him. Why can't I fucking speak? This is only going to make matters worse, damn it.

I could see the hurt break through his mask of anger and betrayal, but it quickly vanished. He let out a bemused laugh and shook his head.

"Why am I not surprised?" He growled lowly.

I furrowed my eyebrows, is he implying what I think he's implying?

"You can sleep alone tonight." He snarled in disgust before leaving.

I gaped at his retreating form, what the hell? My mate is a damn drama queen.