Chapter 24

"So, he's going to be fine?" I asked, hopeful.

The doctor smiled and nodded, "The medicine will drive out the infection. I'm shocked his doctor didn't do this before healing the wound though."

"Yeah, well, we've had issues with him." Emerald stated bitterly.

My mother smiled and quickly thanked the doctor, she then turned towards me. She clasped her hands together and sighed.

"I'm guessing now would be a good time to explain everything to you, huh?" She questioned.

I nodded, "I have nothing else to do and Samuel is out cold so...can't talk to him." I rambled.

Amusement sparkles in my parents' eyes as they both nodded. Emerald and I followed them through the halls, leading us back to the throne room. My father shut the doors and motioned for us to continue.

They sat down and sighed, my mother glanced at my father. He nodded at her and turned back towards me.

"When you were a toddler something dangerous was growing. We loved you too much to risk this danger capturing you. So, we searched out someone to protect you. I immediately knew who to give you to, he was a close friend of mine. His name was Ryker Flane, a royal for the packs in the US. He was staying here, trying to get custody of his son. Long story short, he gladly took you in. We visited everyday for the next five weeks, but little did we know, Ryker was working alongside the danger.
Of course we didn't know till it was too late. He told us that we shouldn't visit as often, claiming that it could endanger you more. We agreed and started to visit only three times a week. This lasted for a week, the second week we came by only to see his house destroyed. There was no sign of him or you, we were heartbroken. We searched for months, but couldn't locate you. Eventually, the safety of the kingdom started to become even more important. We had to give up searching constantly, but whenever we could, we would search for you." My father finished explaining.

"Who's Ryker's son?" Emerald asked.

My mother sighed, "His name is Lycan Fane, a Royal like his father. He lives here, in Europe."

I tensed up, no way. I forced a smile when my mother gave me a concerned look. Emerald was also tense as she turned her attention to me.

"Something is bothering you, what's wrong?" My father asked.

I gulped, "Lycan Flane is my original mate." I blurted out.

"Original?" My mother asked.

I nodded, "I rejected him after...after uh...an incident. I then...met Samuel and at first I hated him but then..."

"You fell in love." My mother finished.

"Yes."

"The Flanes are...terrible people. Well, at least Ryker and Lycan. Lycan has murdered countless of women and a few of my guards." My father stated with disgust. "Why would the Moon Goddess punish you with making you two mates?"

I shrugged, "Doesn't matter now, I'm not his."

"Good." My mother stated.

For the rest of the day they explained the ways of the Immortal Royals to me. Once they decided that was enough information for my fried brain, I sat beside Samuel as he slept.
The doctor explained that he won't wake up until sometime tomorrow. I sighed and stroked his cheek.

"I love you, but when you wake up and they give you breakfast, I'm stealing it. Or any food they give you." I whispered with a smile.

I widened my eyes when he smiled a bit. I chuckled and kissed his cheek.