Fourty nine

The crowd startend muttering, when instead of a Knight in shining amory, a figure in a dark cloak entered the arena. Leaning on a scepter, the figure stopped in front of the royal thrones, and waited for his opponent to appear.
Arthur had an idea who this dark cloaked figure was, but he could sense it... Something had changed. There was a certain kind of tension in the air.
The knight who would fight against the dark cloaked figure entered the arena, and bowed in front of the king. He didn't even ask why the figure would fight with a scepter, instead of a sword. It would only make it easier for him.
They took their start positions, and the knight looked at the figure. What was under the hood was a dark hole, with two red eyes in it looking at him. It made him shiver.
"Let the fight begin!"
The figure easily avoided the attacks of the knight in armor, and sended a line of fire into the direction of the knight, who avoided it just in time. The figure spoke some silent words, and thunder sounded through the entire arena.
The crowd cheered loudfully. This would be an interesting fight.
If the figure wanted... Oh, he could end this fight easily. But he wouldn't do that. That would make a too quick end to their game.
The knight tried to chop the scepter of the dark figure into pieces, but an energy blast blew him to the other side of the arena.
He wouldn't shout that this was a unfair game. It would humiliate him. He did not wanted to look like an idiot. He would win this fight with pure strength.
The figure spoke some new words, and the scepter, what was basically a stick with a ball on it, started to light up, and it started to rain. But instead of falling down on the ground, the rain drops became a ball itself, and changed into a giant snake, made of water. The snake immediately went in the attack, and the knight... He decided this game was over. He hated snakes. He threw his sword down, and did his helmet off, something what meant he surrended. The snake vanished into nothing, and the crowd cheered like never before. The dark figure bowed in front of Arthur, who was more surprised then he had ever been, and left the arena.

"Merlin, that was an impressive piece of magic," Gaius said when Merlin entered the tent. He threw the cloak off, and fell down on the ground, breathing heavily.
"Here, drink this."
The physician gave him a little bottle with a special potion, and Merlin drank it immediately.
This had been a stupid idea. This had been a stupid stupid stupid stupid idea.
The fight in the arena... God, it had been so difficult. The senses, sounds, and the tendency to destroy his opponent, to kill him with all the magic he had inside of him... It had been so strong. And then, the memories... He felt like someone had sucked all his energy away from him.
"You should rest now. Your fight against Lucy is in two hours."
Gaius helped him to the back of the tent, back to his old spot, and Merlin was gone within minutes.

Hey guys! I need your help with something. Because the tournament idea became too big to write down, I want to do it shorter, making it summary kinda short. Otherwise, I'm affraid the tournament will take like 20 chapters or something, and there won't be space for the other part of the story - which is much more cooler btw, believe me! Specially for the Lucy\Merlin shippers, and if you want to see more from the kids- So I kinda need your opinion. Do you want a lot of tournament, or more from the other stuff? And eh... Vote and a comment?