Fifty-seven

Some of you are so clever... Really...

"Come'on master Merlin! Show us the trick! Show us the trick!"
A lot had changed the past year. So was Merlin doing a lot of visits for Gaius, since the physician was not the youngest anymore. He had just returned from one of those visits, when he had ran into a few children.
"Please master Merlin! Please, please, please?!"
The eyes of Merlin turned gold, and the children knew what that meant. They cheered and gave the young court sorcerer an applause, while the warlock created a small whirlwind on the ground.
He barely spoke, these days. And if he spoke, it was to cast a spell, or to talk to his wife, the witch Lucy. When he spoke to her, it was in the language of the old religion, and only a few understood.
Further, he only spoke when necessary. Some people wondered if he still knew how to speak english.
He spoke it to Arthur and Gaius, sometimes. In court when necessary. And through his mind to his students.
He had become quiet, with the year. Many knew why.
The battle of Camelot had changed him. No one could blame him.
When he entered the courtyard, Gwaine came to him from the stairs, looking worried. Merlin could sense there was something terribly wrong.
"You should go to your chambers immediately."
Merlin made a face.
"Why?" It asked.
"Lucy... She had one of her episodes again. It was worse, this time. Actually... It was different."
He tried to deal with it in silence. She... She had her episodes sometimes. She had had two of them since the day they had been married. This was the third one.
The first time, she had lived in the stables for a week, because there was silence over there.
The second time, she had eaten twelve pies. In two hours.
"What happend?" Merlin asked.
"Merlin... She tried to kill herself," Gwaine told him.
Merlin his eyes became big of surprisement. His scepter touched the floor, and within seconds, he was in their room, where Gaius was taking care of her.
"Merlin, I think you and Lucy should have a talk."
Without saying anything else, Gaius left the room.
Lucy was on the bed, and Merlin could see what had happend. She had tried to cut her own wrists.
"My Ireth... Why would you do this to me?" Merlin asked.
"Isn't that clear?" she asked. A small wooden stick flew to the wall.
"Gods, you have no idea how angry I am, Merlin," she said.
"What is wrong?"
"I tried to kill myself, but then I forgot that I am immortal. Ugh."
"You did... What? By Kilgharrah, why? I cannot get my mind around this. Why would you try something like this?"
"Because I am pregnant, Merlin."

That day, dark clowds had fallen over Camelot. A thunderstorm could happen any minute.
Last time it had looked Like this, it had been a year ago. So there were two possibilities.
-A real thunderstorm was coming
-The two court sorcerers were having an argument.
The day had been all clear and shiny, so people assumed the two court sorcerers were having an argument. That could turn out in something horrible.
Arthur had also noticed the change in the weather, and while he entered the hallway, he passed two of Merlin his students, the young Jonas and Wendel, who definitely looked like they were running from something.
"Jonas, Wendel, why do the two of you look like-"
"Master Merlin and Lady Lucy have an argument, my lord!" One of the boys said. "When the corridor went on fire, we thought it was better to run!"
The two boys continued running, and Arthur knew something was wrong. The argument had to be pretty terrible if the weather started changing.
He took his sword, and he went into the direction of their tower. On his way, he encountered Lancelot, who had been on his way to his Chambers.
"You've noticed the change in the weather, my lord?" Lancelot asked.
"Yes I have," Arthur replied. "According to his students, Merlin and Lucy have a fight, and I don't mind, but if the weather starts changing like this-"
"I know what you mean, Arthur," Lancelot said. "We should see if they are all right."
Together, the king and knight went into the direction of Merlin and Lucy their Chambers, and when they opened the door, they found Merlin, all alone in the room. He was on the bed, looking through the window.
"I know what the two of you are thinking," he said. "This isn't us."
"Then who is this?" Arthur asked.
"Lucy her mother," Merlin replied.