Ariella Elise Monrova

**Edited** 

"I wish you luck, Miss." Anne smiled before opening the grand white doors in front of us. "I hope you can find your real family and stay here at the Mansion."

"Thank you so much, Anne." I didn't care if we had just met, I pulled her into an embrace, for support and for thanking her for being so sweet to me. 

"Miss..." Anne whispered but returned my hug.

I smiled at her one last time then walked inside, to find out if this was my real home. But, as my fingers were about to touch the handle, I stopped. A wave of nervousness and anxiety flushed through, I felt nauseous. I didn't know if behind these doors were going to be an excited adventure or the greatest disappointment. 

But it was better than not knowing. I didn't have much to lose. 

I exhaled a few times, trying to calm my nerves then opened the doors.

Sitting at the sofas were two men, one looked like he's in his mid-fourties while the other looked  much older, in his early sixties probably. The older one looked very powerful, like he had years of being the one in charge, which was probably true.  His hair was nearly all white, making him look classy. 

The younger man looked very much like older man, like an exact younger copy of him. He was very handsome, like one of the main characters in sappy soap operas Miss Ester used to watch whenever the little ones were asleep. 

I assumed that they were father and son. 

Their quiet conversation stopped as soon as I opened the doors. 

Both men turned around as I stood there, not knowing how to react. They both looked at me with mixtures of emotions that I could not depict. Shocked, but nostalgic. As if they had just saw a ghost of someone they loved. Happy, yet full of sorrow. 

After a few moments of silence, the younger man walked towards me, slowly. His jaw dropped as he approached closer. I just stood there and stared at the man whom I had just met but it seemed like he saw someone he had been missing for a long time. 

Why was he looking at me with eyes full of tears and sadness?

"Father, it's her... It's really her... " His faint whisper was merely audible as he stopped a few feet before me. "It's Ariella..." 

"She... Oh my Heavens..." The older man got up from his seat and I saw tears in his eyes as well. They both were gasping as they spoke about me like I wasn't standing right in front of them.

What does this mean... 

"I'm Pennie... Nice to meet you, Sir." I nodded my head, not knowing what else to say.

"She looks just like Marbella..." The younger man looked like he was going to break down. "Father... She looks just like her..."

"Beautiful just like Marbella..." The older man whispered back. "Just beautiful like her Mother..."

Mother...? Father...? What are they talking about...? These two are...

"I apologize..." The younger man smiled as he took out a handkerchief from his pocket to wipe away his tears. "You just look so much like my wife..."

His wife....

"Please, come, come, and sit." The older man gestured and I followed.

They were both wearing business suits, like they just got out of a fancy meeting.

"Good afternoon, my dear." The older man spoke, "I'm the Head Founder of the IRIS empire, Arthur Monrova. Very nice to meet you, child."

"Good afternoon, Mr. Monrova." I smiled back at him. Maybe it was the grey hair but the old man gave off these warm vibes, like Mr. Kandra.