Yes, In Every Language

The ride back to the mansion seemed too short for our conversations about our childhoods with Wren telling me stories about my mom, and me telling him stories of my life at the orphanage. Our fingers entwined together like they were sculpted to be a set. I never wanted this moment to end, knowing what we had to talk about as the gates to the mansion slowly opened in front of our eyes.

"Pennie..." He sighed. I knew what was coming.

"I'm okay, Wren." I looked over and smiled at him, trying to muster up the courage in my beaten-up heart. "We will get through this, I know we will. We have gone through too much to let this obstacle get to us now."

"I hate how right you are... I've lost you so many times, literally almost lost you in the Bahamas." He chuckled a little, but I know he was tired. Exhausted. I couldn't imagined how much he must be holding in right now to keep up this front.

"You won't lose me again, I promise." I squeezed his hand and as if I got gifted an extra pound of courage, I reached over and kissed him.

To his surprise, I was kissing him, in front of our house. His eyes widened with shock but slowly eased into a satisfying grin. His hands cupped my face as he smiled and pulled me closer.

"I love you." He whispered and my heart felt as if it was going to beat out of my chest if I just heard those words one more time. I hated the effect Wren's words had on me, but oh how lucky I was to have something as magical as this.

People would say my newly founded life was a fairytale but it was Wren's love that added the pixie dust. At that moment, I was sure. And I didn't think I had ever been this certain about anything my whole life. But this. I was sure of this. I was more than positively confident that I loved him.

The mansion was quiet, as usual. Everyone was probably either at home or work. Wren and I had our phones blown up the past hours with calls from everyone. But we wanted to just be alone, with each other. Before we had to put on the armors and fight.

After leaving the Vanderbilt's home, I became so flustered and overwhelmed with everything that I shut myself off and didn't even bother thinking about how we left Colton and Macy behind. God, I was a horrible friend.

I pulled out my phone and ignored the missed calls to went straight to the messages to text Colton & Macy that I was sorry and I'd see them at home. But before I could press send, the screaming made me jump.

"There you guys are!" Macy shouted from the living room as Wren and I walked in, both nearly jumped from shock. "We've been worried sick!!! How could you guys leave and not say a thing to us as to where you guys were and if you guys were okay!"

But she wasn't angry. She ran toward us and pulled me into the biggest hug. I let out a huge breath before hugging her back and whispering I'm sorry.

I looked over her shoulders to see almost everyone there. In the living room. Sleeping.

Serena, Colton, Amie, Jeremy, Elijah.... Even Rosie....

How did they manage to fit on the sofas, I didn't know. But the sight of the gang warmed my heart and made me smile. As long as we got them, I knew we were going to be okay.

"I'm sorry, Mace." Wren sighed as Macy let go of me and attacked him. "We were just really overwhelmed and wanted to spend sometime to ourselves before figuring out what to do."

"Well, if you guys would have just picked up our calls, you guys would be a lot less stressed right now...." A sleepy Colton murmured from the sofa. "Idiots...."

"What do you mean?" Wren furrowed his brows and walked over to the sofas and I followed after him.

What did Colton mean....?