Like A Fool

"Explain?" Colton scoffs, "Explain how you went behind my back and stayed in my fiancee's bedroom when I'm not here?!"

"Colton, please, calm down!" Trying to get up isn't an option because my lungs are still burning and my legs feel wobbly, "Colton, please,"

Like lightning, Colton strikes at Wren's face, knocking him off balance. Wren, eyes avert back to his older twin, but stay still, not striking back.

"Take it out on me," He whispers, "It's my fault..."

"Colton, please don't!" My eyes sting again with hot, salty tears as I ignore the pain and limps myself off of bed, launching in between them.

Colton punches Wren again and again before I even get the chance to interfere.

"Please, Colton, don't!" I push myself in front of Wren, facing Colton, who stops a few inches away from my face, "Please..."

He stands there, not looking at either Wren or me, and smiles to himself, "Once again, you win, Wrenier Vanderbilt. You win."

Without another word, he walks off, leaving us behind, and slams the door as he leaves.

Turning back, I can see bruises near Wren's lips and some are starting to form on his cheeks, "Wren!" I gasp as he stands there staring into space, "Your face!"

"I'm fine," He looks down at me, "Pens, what were you thinking? He could've really hurt you!"

"Well, I didn't have much time to think about it," I answer, "Not when he was about to kill you."

He picks me up and puts me back in bed, pulling the cover up to my chest before kissing my cheeks, "It's my fault... He has the right to kill me if he wanted to. Please rest... I'll be back to check on you later, okay?"

I nod as my body seems to be giving up on me slowly, "You, too..."

He kisses my forehead and turns off the light on his way out.

<><><><><>

That's the last thing I remember before waking up to Macy's voice, "Pennie,"

"Oh, good morning," She smiles at me, "You look a lot better today."

"I feel a lot better, too," I smile back, "I'm sorry... I should've woke up earlier..."

"No, no, you need a lot of rest," She says, "I brought you breakfast."

After cleaning myself up, I walk out to the dining room to half a table full of all types of breakfast food I could of. Macy is overdoing it... How am I ever going to finish all of this...?

"Please tell me this isn't all for me..." Just staring at all the food makes my stomach feel bloated.

"Well, I didn't know what you would like so I brought you a few options," She giggles and pulls out the chair for me, "Here, you have to eat this. Egg soups have a ton of proteins."

Oh goodness... Even though I'm recovered, I don't think my stomach can take in such food...

After breakfast, Wren walks in and Macy leaves, letting us be alone.

"I'm so sorry about what happened last night..." He sighs, "I didn't want you to see that..."

"Your face is still bruised up..." His cheeks have a few tiny purple bruises forming as for his lips, the cut from last night is now covered with a tiny bandage.

"I'm fine," He smiles, "This can't hurt me."

"I feel terrible..." I look at Wren, then at the ground, "Colton is probably going to hate me forever. I'm the worst human being that has ever walked this Earth... He has done nothing but being nice, gentle and wonderful to me. He saved my life for crying out loud and I go and break him..."