Let Me Go

"Are you ready, Pennie?!" Macy knocks on the door loudly, "I'm coming in!"

"Mace, are you sure it looks alright?" I wrinkle my nose at her, not liking the gown one bit. I have always hated to wear dresses and especially when I have to wear high heels. This is way too formal and even though I know going to the banquet requires being formal, it still feels uncomfortable and I already know I'm going to be suffering in this long, itchy gown and the killer high heels.

"It looks great," She smiles, "You look stunning. Watch all the guys drool over you,"

Macy is wearing a slim black gown that hugs her tiny waist, giving her the hour glass figure any girl would die to have. And her hair is lightly curled, hanging a bit above her waist and no matter what Macy wears, she looks gorgeously beautiful, just like her brothers. Now I know why the Vanderbilts are so well known, all of them are gorgeous.

Everyone is already in the limo by the time Macy and I get to the lobby. Rosie is, unfortunately, not allowed to be there so Dad has asked the maids to fly out with him and Grandfather as well to watch over her for the night.

When we step into the limo, Elijah's jaw drops as he stares at me, smiling. Wren looks over and stares as well, but his lips curl into a small smirk rather than a smile. Colton is not here, did he really decide not to come after all? Is he going to get in trouble?

"You look beautiful," Wren whispers in my ear as the limo pulls out of the hotel's front, "Wow,"

"Thank you," The heat travels and blossoms across my cheeks as I look over to study Wren, "You don't look quite bad yourself, Mr. Vanderbilt,"

"For your information," He adds, "I never look anything less than perfect,"

His comment makes me giggle quietly as he takes my hand in his, looking at me with those gorgeous brown eyes of his and I shiver. His lips turn into a smile and causes my stomach to cause multiple of flips and turns.

"Welcome, young Masters and Mistresses," A pretty girl in a white ankle-length dress who looks a few years older than me greets us at the door, "The Masters are waiting for you guys inside."

Wren nods at her and smiles as we all walk inside. The girl isn't taking her eyes off of Wren for a mere second, she walks over and starts to cut in between us and Wren looks uncomfortable with her so close to him.

"Ariella!" Grandfather smiles as we approach the grand table in the front, "Oh, I have missed you all!"

"The house is so quiet and lonely without you kids," Dad smiles as he pulls me into a hug, "How is your vacation so far, sweetheart?"

"It has been great, Dad," I smile at him, "I missed you guys, too."

"I heard about the incident," He frowns, "Don't you think I'm going to let you guys off. We'll talk about it as soon as we get home, kiddos."

Oh, no... Of course Dad knows about it... He knows everything.

As the banquet starts, I notice Colton walking in, wearing a grey tuxedo that screams out rich playboy. His hair looks different today... He cut it... The long hair that was there before is now replaced with short, spiked up blonde hair that adds a bad boy signature to his face.

"You're late," Dad scowls, "Colton, please behave."

He nods at his head at Dad's comment and turns to look at me, holding my stare for a few seconds before turning back to the stage, where the representatives of each trading firm is presenting their ideas to the community.

After an hour or so, there's an hour of break and I can hear quiet relief exhales from the guys, especially Elijah. Aria looks over at him and smacks his arm, scowling for him to behave.