Welcome to the Bahamas

"What... What do you mean..." Wren's stutters, "You can't...?"

"Wren... You know about Colton don't you...?" Staying calm, I whisper, "What would happen if we..."

"If we right what was wrong?" He turns away and drops my stare, "So, it's about Cols."

"No, that's not what I meant!" I stare at his back, "I can't do this to Colton... He has been nothing but nice to me ever since I got here... I can't be the one that made his life miserable..."

"What about me, Pens?" His voice is merely a slight whisper now, "Where do I stand..."

"Wren, I-" He walks out and slams the wooden door behind him before I could even finish my thought. The steps creak as he makes his way down to the ground, taking the terrible words I said, with him.

Hot tears make their way down my, now, cold cheeks and I realize what I have done. I broke things off with Wren because of his brother. The worst thing is that it's the right thing to do, yet I feel like a broken doll inside. Even though Wren was just here a few minutes ago, my heart is already longing for him, like it knows exactly who it belongs to.

***
Wren has been avoiding me for the past few days. He was never home. As much as I missed him, I didn't know how to fix this or making this any better. I figured not seeing him would be better anyway. But the day to leave for the Bahamas was finally here and I was going to have to spend a week with Wren. As hard as it may be, I knew backing out wasn't option.

"Are you guys finished packing?!" Serena pounds her hands on the door and wails her way into my room, "Pennie! What are you still doing here?!"

"What do you mean?" Even though it's now winter break, I still have a ton of school work and studying to catch up on.

"We leave in an hour!" She rolls her eyes, "Come on, babe! I'm going to go check on Rosie so can you please go wake Wrenier up for me? He got back from the company this morning and I know he needs sleep, but I really need him up right at this minute."

And with that, she stomps down the hall to Rosie's room.

Wren... I haven't seen him at school or at home in the last two days... Well, now I know where he was, at least. Grandfather has been needing Wren at the company early in the morning until late at night for the past few weeks and Wren always seem exhausted...  Because IRIS's biggest event of the year is coming soon, Wren has been even busier than usual.

His room is cold and even in the dark, I can still make out where the furnitures are and knows the place doesn't look lived in at all. No surprise here... Wren is hardly ever in here as of lately...

He's lying on his still-made bed, peacefully sleeping, so peaceful that it kind of breaks my heart to have to wake him. Looking at him, I feel so tempted to just let him sleep until we actually have to leave. Before I even make it to the door, I hear him twist and turn on his bed, against the duvet cover that gives off a scratching noise, remembering how light of a sleeper Wren is.

He must crashed right when he got home from work this morning because he's still in his work clothes. Wren... You must be so tired...

"Who is that?" His voice sounds groggy, and tired.

"It's me, Pennie," I answer nervously, "Serena told me to come and wake you but you were sleeping so peacefully that I didn't want t-"

"Thanks." The whisper comes and just stops, making the room eerily silent, "I'll be down soon."

I walk out of the room, trying my best not to make any noise and let myself look even more of an idiot then I already probably already am.

The plane ride to the Bahamas was at least peaceful and quiet as everyone fell asleep. After arriving, we checked into the hotel with everyone sharing a suite with one other person. Rosie stayed with me while Wren and Colton stayed together.