Catherine

"Wrenier!" Mrs. Vanderbilt's voice rings from downstairs as we're looking at old photographs of the twins when they were younger in Wren's room.

We all hurry downstairs to her call and standing at the foyer is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my life. It's her... Catherine. She stands there, in her expensive looking pants, expensive looking sweater, and of course expensive looking heels, smiling at Wren's mom, talking about something.

"Ah, there you guys are," She makes her way toward us, "Wrenier, this is Catherine, you guys used to play together as children but I doubt either of you remembers."

"Hi," Wren says, "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too," She smiles back, "I'm Catherine."

Silence fills the room before she walks over to us, "Colton, right?" She smiles at Colton and he nods lightly then looks away. It's like she caught on and moved over to Macy, saying hi to her, then me, "I'm Catherine, you must be Ariella Monrova."

"Oh, please call me Pennie," I smile, "I'm still not very used to that name, nice to meet you."

After the awkward meet and greet, we all make way to the dining room where the table has been set of prestige and the appetizer has also been brought out.

"Catherine, dear, how have you been all these years?" Wren's mom asks, "How are your studies?"

"Everything has been going well," She smiles back, "My parents sent their regards from England, Mrs. Vanderbilt, they haven't seen you guys in ages and they sure do miss their old friends."

"Oh, it has been nearly ten years now..." Mrs. Vanderbilt sighs, "Your parents contacted me last week to talk about yours and Wren's engagement and I nearly almost forgot how long it has been since we all came together last."

"My parents have been extremely busy with the companies expanding overseas, I do apologize on their behalf," She says, "But do believe me they have always been missing you guys."

"Speaking of the engagement, I want you to come and live here with us," She puts her hand over Catherine's, "It surely must feel uncomfortable living at the hotel all alone."

"Oh, Mrs. Vanderbilt," Catherine chuckles, "It's no need, I am perfectly okay, I wouldn't want to bother you at all."

"Gosh, no," Mrs. Vanderbilt chuckles, "I have known you for ages. Plus, Wren will be coming home very so often, it would be nice for you guys to catch up."

"Mother," Wren breaks through their conversation while everyone stops eating, "The matter at the Monrova's company is not in a stage for me to be commuting back and forth."

"Wrenier," His mother gives him the glare, "I'm sure you can make time."

"Mom," Macy says, "Stop being unreasonable, Wren doesn't even have time to sleep."

"And please, if you could, stop talking about the engagement while Pennie is here," Colton sighs, "Don't you think you're being extremely rude?"

"Colton!" Mrs. Vanderbilt puts her fork down, "Watch your words, young man."

"I invited Pennie here so I can inform you, Mother, I'm not agreeing to any engagement that was made when I haven't even came to this world," Wren says, "Don't you think it's kind of bizarre and really old fashioned, not to mention cruel?"

"Wrenier," His mom tries to calm herself amidst of all the yelling, "This is not a discussion to have while Catherine is here, don't you think?"

"Well, Mother," Wren says, "Don't you think it's reasonable to discuss our life matter when all of us are present?"

"I called Miss Monrova here to let her know the engagement is not going to change its course, and I hope you guys will come to accept it soon," She looks over at me, "I'm sorry you have to hear it this way, Miss Monrova, but Wrenier will be marrying Catherine, even if it means it will result in me having to discuss the matter with the Old Mister Monrova."

"I'm sorry..." I speak up, "I-"

"No." Wren gets up, "Mom, I'm never going to agree to it and you can do whatever it takes to force me, but it's not happening. I don't care if it's because you and Father want to expand the business overseas, you would have to find another course to get there instead of selling your son."

The room finally falls to silent, everything stops as Miss Monrova gets up, and slaps Wren, "You dare to talk to me like that?!"

I stand up and pull Wren back, "Wren, please."

"Mother!" Macy shouts, "Mary! Bring ice"

Taking my hand in his, Wren pulls me away from the dining room, and out the door, without saying anything to anyone. Walking as fast as I could, I follow him out, to wherever he wants to take me. After a few minutes of walking, Wren stops, not turning around to me, stands there in the cold air, breathing hard and panting.

"Wren..." Taking a step closer to him, I hug him from behind, hoping it would comfort his broken heart. How could his mother do that to him...

"Pennie," He turns around to face me, "I'm so sorry... I shouldn't have taken you here."

Without saying anything, I hug him and rub his back, "It's okay, shhh, don't say anything."

Wren hugs me back, resting his head on mine, sighing, "I don't know how to fix this, Pen..."