The Rude Young Master

**Edited**

The grand, tall black gates with golden embellishments opened as I stared at them in amazement. My heart was beating so fast that I was scared it would pop right out of my chest. I was about to meet my potential family soon... But, I couldn't help thinking about the disappointment I would feel if they turned out to not be my real family.

But the curious thoughts of the Monrovas invaded my head. What were they like...? My parents... My siblings... Grandparents... Or if I even had any of those.

"Miss Pennie, we have arrived at the Monrovas' mansion." The voice made me jump.

I guess this was it...

"Welcome to the Monrovas' household." Mr. Kandra announced as I stepped out of the car. "If you like, you can go freshen up in the guest suite and rest a bit before you go to the main living room to meet the Masters and young Masters."

This wasn't just another household. This was a mansion. Meant to fit probably 30 families... They lived here?! The grand buildings in front of me almost made my knees weak as I have never seen anything this luxurious in my entire life. There was no way my family was somewhere inside this castle meant for kings and queens.

"Um... okay, thank you. That would be really great." I smiled at him, thankful for the offer because I felt sweaty and gross, nowhere near the shape I wanted to meet my potential family in. I wish I would've had time to freshen up at home.

"I'll send a maid in to help you get ready, Miss." Mr. Kandra spoke as the two young men in black suits opened the massive double doors to let me into the castle-like mansion.

The inside smiled like fresh laundry and there was definitely a hint of lavender lingering around. The dark wood and furniture of the place made it feel like I was standing in a movie, with A-listers and celebrities. No. Royals. There was also soft music playing from somewhere, but it totally went with the royalty setting.

I was so lost in thoughts from the luxurious atmosphere of the place that I forgot to answer Mr. Kandra.

"Thank you, Mr. Kandra." I turned to him and nodded before he did the same.

It wasn't long after that that I saw a girl in a black dress that went to her knees walking towards us. Her black sleek heels made clicking noises against the wooden floor as she stopped a few feet in front of me.

"Greetings, Miss Pennie." The gorgeous girl smiled brightly, "My name is Anne, I'll be helping you get ready today. Please follow me, this way."

I smiled back at her before following her to the right side of the mansion. There were probably endless hallways in this place and without a GPS, I didn't know how anyone could get around here without getting lost. The place was like a maze inside.

Even the doors looked classy. White doors with gold knobs. I wouldn't be surprised if they were real gold. The further we walked, the more doors I saw. There were probably about hundreds of rooms in this mansion, if not more...

Anne finally turned to another hallway and we continued walking down the hall before stopping in front of the room with double doors that I assumed to be the guest room Mr. Kandra was talking about earlier.

"Your bath is prepared, Miss. You can freshen up and get a change of clothes after you're done." Anne said sweetly before closing the bedroom door as she walked outside, leaving me alone in the huge guest room.

The bed was four times the size of my tiny one at home and the walls were painted the same color as the walls outside. There were multiple paintings on the wall near the sitting area with the fireplace that was burning. In the corner was a small coffee table with a few magazines on top.