TWENTY

Sophia's eyes flutter open and sees that she has woken up to an empty bed. She sits up slowly wincing as the soreness of her body reminds her of what transpired the night before. She runs her fingers through her hair with a smile on her face. She can't believe how foolish she was being for avoiding this for so long. So that was what they called making love, she thought, stifling a giggle.

"Good morning Mrs. Lancaster."

She turns to find Adam with a bright smile watching her lovingly. "I made you breakfast," he comments as he walks inside with a tray of food that Sophia hadn't realized he was holding.

"You made me breakfast?" she asks in disbelief.

He shrugs. "More like I told Lily what to make but I am the one that is bringing it to you in bed like the lady of the house that you are." He sets the tray on her lap and sits on the bed facing her.

Sophia smiles. Her favorite, French toast, strawberries in cream and a cup of freshly squeezed orange juice. "What have I done to deserve this?"

Adam smiles shyly and caresses her leg over the covers. "I think you know."

This made Sophia blush and attempts to hide it by drinking her juice, everything seems so odd now, so different that Sophia couldn't stop smiling to herself. "Thank you," she says after a moment. "For being so patient with me."

Adam watches her lovingly. "It was worth the wait, trust me." Adam looks deep in thought as if wanting to say something but deciding against it. "Listen, Sophia."

Sophia stiffens expecting the worst.

Adam takes a deep breath and he locks eyes with her. "You are a very beautiful woman, I hope you know that."

"What makes you say that?"

"It's just that last night you said how you know how beautiful your sister is, and how no man can turn away, as if you were unaware of your own beauty."

Sophia sets the tray on the night stand. "Adam, I'm not blind nor daft. I have been compared to Lucia ever since I can remember. She inherited my mother's looks, and I inherited my father's love for books. That's just how it is; I have learned to live with it."

"You are more beautiful than your sister. You have a big heart and a beautiful soul, which, I don't want to sound rude, Lucia comes very short on those traits. People that keep comparing you to her are idiots, because they clearly can't appreciate beauty even if it's right in front of them. You Sophia, you are my Aphrodite."

Sophia smiles and sits up, she sits on her knees and grabbing him by the collar, she pulls Adam in for a long, tender kiss. As she pulls away, Adam's surprised expression makes her laugh. He looks so handsome in his royal blue shirt, his hair neatly combed back as if he was ready to meet with some clients. But his deep blue eyes watch her with a hint of amazement, that made Sophia want him right there right now.

She starts unbuttoning his shirt slowly. Adam holds her hands and asks in surprise, "What are you doing?"

Sophia smiles. "What's it look like I'm doing? You weren't expecting me to just sit here after you just called me, your Aphrodite, were you?" she pulls her hands away and continues unbuttoning exposing his caramel brown skin, her hands trace his muscles admiring his workman's physique, making her realize that this hard working gentleman was hers, and hers only.

"Are you mad? I don't have time," he says but he doesn't seem to want to stop her. "I have to meet my father in a few minutes back at the shop. We're meeting with potential clients, uh, it's a umm...a hotel, they want..." he trails off forgetting his protest for Sophia's lips were now kissing his neck, nibbling on his earlobe, something she had discovered the night before, it made him weak and she liked it.

With one swift motion, he lifts her by her hips and pulls her firmly against his body, she is now sitting on his lap, her breathing uneven as he starts kissing her neck, making his way down her breasts, in response she runs her fingers through his hair, messing up the neatness of it.

He stops and frames her face with his hands. Both breathing hard, he whispers, "What are you doing to me? What happened to the shy girl I met a month ago?"

Sophia smiles. "She fell in love with you," she replies huskily.

His eyes seem to sparkle, he smiles largely, and making Sophia jump, he lifts her and lays her on her back and covers her with his body, kissing her desperately and whispers in her ear, "The meeting can wait."