Healing (revised)

Fifteen tribute's faces flash in the sky, but only one made me cry. Rue's sweet face fills the sky and toothy grin is almost to much to see. I tell Peeta to sleep and that I'll keep watch. Little does he know, I'm silently crying for the little girl who's life ended so early .

I'm awoken by the sound of game maker's voices saying there will be a feast. Every tribute needs something, but we have to risk our lives to get it. Is it worth it, yes. I put on my jacket and slowly get up. Peeta wouldn't want me to go, but he's asleep. He'll never know. I grab my bow and arrow and run.

I wait behind the trees, watching for any sign of movement. I can see the little bags with each district's number on it. I take a step forward when I see a flash of red. The tribute from district 6 comes running out of the tree line and after the bag. Like a flash of lighting, she's gone. This is it Katniss. Now or never.

I run as fast as my feet can go, but it's not fast enough. I hear the sound of the blade flying by before I feel it slice the side of my face. I fall to the ground in agony, but try to get up. Clove jumps onto me.

"Where's your pretty boyfriend? Guess he won't be here to save you." She says. She runs the cool blade across my face and makes a small cut that stings. "This is going to be fun."

The whole time I'm trying to get away, I think of Peeta. He doesn't even know I left. He'll never know, he'll never know that I like him. I do, I like him. Why did it take me almost dying to realize it? I feel the cold blade cutting into my skin when all of a sudden it's gone.

She's gone.

I open my eyes and see Thresh banging her head against the cornucopia. "Just this time twelve, Rue liked you." He says. Grabbing his bag and Cato's before he runs.

"Katniss!" Peeta yells when I enter the cave. "Where did you go?"

"I got this." I hold up the bag.

"You're so stupid, you could have died."

Inside the black bag is a container of soup and Peeta drinks it quickly. I watch as his king eyelashes almost intertwine when he blinks. I admire his blonde curly hair and the way it hangs across his face. His blue eyes find mine and I stare into them, unable to tear my eyes away.

"I- I think." I stumble on my words and decide to hastily kiss him. It's stupid and not like me at all.

"What was that for?" Peeta asks stunned as he pulls away from me.

"I think I might be falling in love with you."

He smirks and bats his eyelashes. "I knew you wouldn't be able to resist this." He says referring to his body.

I laugh and shake my head. "You're so full of yourself."

"It's one of my best traits." He says jokingly and I can feel my heart pounding in my chest as he continues to talk. I stare at him wondering if this is what love feels like.

A.N. What's up guys!! Alright so I'm sorry about the shortness of this chapter and how fast I'm going through these games. I was never a huge fan of the first one. Also I couldn't remember what district fox face is from, so I put her from 6. Anyone know? Alright I think that's it, oh and everyone go check out some of my new stories. See ya later! Don't forget toit.