Cave talk (revised)

"Katniss" I hear Peeta mumble to me.

"Yeah." I reply.

"When did you fall in love with me?" My eyes fly open at his question. He must see my hesitation, because he sits up and runs his hand trough his hair. "I mean, when did you know that you liked me."

"When Clove tried to kill me. I realized that I didn't want to die without giving this a chance." I say motion to the two of us. "I might mot love you yet, but that doesn't mean forever." He nods his head and I smile.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask him.
He nods his head before I continue. "When we were in school, I would always catch you looking at me. Why were you always staring at me?" I look into his eyes.

"How could I not stare at the prettiest girl in the school?" He replies so easily and I blush while turning away.

"I'm not pretty, Peeta." I say.

"You know Katniss, you don't always have to agree with me. I will always think you are beautiful. I have since I was five, why break the tradition now?"
He says while smiling at me.

"Okay, now it's your turn." I tell him.

"My turn for what?"

"When did you fall in love with me?" I ask.

He has a soft smile on his face when he answers. "That's a long story."

"I have time." I reply with a smirk.

"Okay, well we were five yeas old when I first saw you." I smile as he tells me the story. "It was the first day of school and we were in music class when the teacher asked us a question."

"What did she ask?" I say with a puzzled face.

"You don't remember?" Peeta laughs a little at this."She asked if anyone knew the valley song, and your hand shot straight up." As he describes everything to me, my mind flies back 11 years and I remember singing, but I don't remember Peeta. "I swear that as you sang, even the birds fell silent. Ever since then, I've always been head over heals for you." I can't help but smile up at him.

"You know, for someone who kept his feelings a secret for over a decade, you're quite the charmer. What I want to know is, why me? You could have had any merchant girl, but you choose me. Why?" He has a sad smile on his face when says his response.

"Because, you were never an easy person to catch. I wanted a girl that stood up for her family. Someone genuine..." He says softly.

"If I have to spend the rest of my life trying to catch you, I would. I would do anything to be able to call you mine." He says sweetly.

I don't know how to respond to something that is so sweet, something that causes my stomach to knot and twist. So, instead I simply smile at him and tell myself that it's okay to fall for this boy.

A.N. Whoa tons of fluff! I really loved writing this chapter. As you can tell, I'm a sucker for romance. So next chapter will probably be part of the huge battle between them and Cato. Haven't really decided yet. Alright bye you guys!!!! Please star it!