District 12 (revised)

My head begins to hurt at the thought of a baby being brought into this world. With two victors as parents, the child would never have a chance. Any baby we have would be thrown into the arena at their first reaping.

I continue to stare out the window of the train and drink my soda. District 12 is only a few minutes away; we're only a few minutes away from home.
I smile at the thought of having my little duck in my arms, or hunting in the woods.

"We're almost home," Peeta comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my small waist.

"Yeah," I nod my head along with my answer. "I wish we didn't have to go to the party," I tell him.

"I know, but just think; we won't have any other Capitol related parties for another few months, so I think you can handle one more." He tells me with a know it all look. I laugh at his face and turn in his arms.

Chest to chest, nose to nose, smile to smile, he leans in and kisses my lips.
"Welcome home, Katniss," he whispers to me as we come to a stop in district 12.

Cinna and my prep team fawn over my appearance and dress me in a floor length silver gown. The sweet heart neckline cuts just deep enough to still look elegant and the slit on my thigh is perfect for the look. Peeta will love it.
"You look so beautiful," Madge tells me as she walks in.

Her blonde hair falls in ringlets down her shoulders and her pale pink dress is stunning as well. With her father being the Mayor, she has many more luxuries, but for some reason she doesn't use them, it's almost as if she tries to act poor. Maybe she does; maybe she tries to fit in.

I give her a smile. "Thanks, so do you." She goes to sit on her bed and pats a spot next to her.

"Tell me about Peeta," she waits with open eyes. I smile softly at her.

"You know the prince's that parents use to tell us about in fairy tails." She nods her head. "He is the Prince." She lets out a sigh of admiration and smiles.

"And you always said you weren't good with words." She giggles and gets up grabbing my hand. "We should probably go down stairs." She tells me. I nod my head and we leave the room.
It only took a second but I saw the curly blonde hair and my smile appeared again.

"I'm going to catch up with Peeta." I tell Madge while pointing at the blonde haired boy walking the opposite way.
She smiles and nods while walking down the stairs leaving me in the hallway.

I run up behind him and spin him around. "Well don't you look handsome," I tell him seductively.
My face immediately turns red when I realize that the boy I just spun around isn't Peeta. Instead it's one of Peeta's brothers, and I'm just the luckiest of all because it happens to be Rye.

"Well hey there rosy posy."Rye tells me with a mischievous grin. I blush and splutter out an answer.

"I thought you were Peeta," I mumble with an embarrassed look. Rye laughs at me and I blush again. I'll never hear the end of this. "And stop calling me rosy posy." I tell him with a scowl.

"Why, it suits you? You're always blushing, so you're always rosy. Right, rosy posy." He tells me laughing again, I continue to blush, proving his point.

"Rye shut up." I shove his shoulder and he continues to laugh. "You're awful." I tell him with a straight face.

"Yeah well you have to put up with me." He tells me and shoves my shoulder. I shake my head.