Chapter Twelve- Addicted

I sighed, pulling out my history notes. Homework time. Yay. I flip through my notebook until I find the chapter we're on and my eyes go straight to the margin on my paper. All the white space is covered in doodles. The majority are scribbles of 'Justin' in bubble letters, some are pictures of eyes crying tears, one of a sketchy heart. I take my pen and quickly scratch out all the little pictures. Why am I still thinking about this stupid kid? It's been a week and a half since he told me we couldn't talk anymore. I sent him a text the next day demanding an explanation but never got a reply. He was serious. I still can't figure out what I did wrong. I haven't seen Wolfy lately either. Maybe they were both just my imagination?

"Hey sweetheart, dinner is almost ready" mom sticks her head in the door.

"Alright" I look down at the first question on the paper after hearing her footsteps fade off down the hall. I try reading what they expect me to answer. All the words and letters jumble together and I can't focus. Screw it. I stuff all my papers into my backpack and throw it on the floor. School is stupid.

After dinner I returned to my bedroom. I've had a growing headache. I'm skipping school tomorrow. I just can't do it. I can't focus and everyone there is so mean. I start myself a hot bath and turn on the iphone dock beside my bed as I wait for the tub to fill. I look through my songs and end up putting on some slow music. I sing along to myself, undressing to get in the tub. I get out of my hoodie and shorts when I hear a howl and pause. I turn off the music and hear more howling, loud and clear. I go to the window and look out, seeing Wolfy sitting in the dewy grass, looking straight up at me. How the hell did he get here? My scent, right, forgot about that. I unlatch the window and push it up, opening it. "Wolfy" I whisper, "what are you doing here?!"

He bobs his head.

I whisper yell down from the window, "get out of the yard before my mom sees you!"

He doesn't budge.

"I'm not coming down here! I'm in my underwear!"

It's almost as if he raises his eyebrows.

"I'll meet with you tomorrow, I promise. Come here tomorrow morning after my mom is gone." I shut the window and take one more look out at him before walking into the bathroom.

That night I stayed up two hours just staring at Justin's contact in my phone. What am I doing?