I Told You To Stay Away {Justin Bieber-Werewolf}

Chapter One ~ Black Out

Dem's POV

I walked through the woods, keeping a fast pace. Rain poured down through the pine trees, soaking me completely. Lightning flashed in the distance, followed by the boom of thunder. I was shivering in a wet pair of shorts and a long sleeve tee. My high-tops were sopping, slowing me down. Every step I took sent a splash of water up the back of my legs. I ran my fingers through my heavy hair as I stumbled over logs and brown leaves. I was heading up a hill, that would soon bring me to my back yard's large prarie-like field. A loud snap behind me sent me jumping into mid-air. I did a 360 scope of the place, turning in a circle. Nothing out of the ordinary; some sticks, trees, more rain... that's it. I kept walking. It was probably nothing, just a falling branch or something. Why get all worked up about nothing? I wrapped my arms around myself nervously. I heard another snap that made me turn around quickly. Still nothing in sight. Then I heard a growl, and my legs took me off and running. I was running hard and fast, my heart beating faster than ever. Then, everything happened way too fast. I tripped over a root, sending me to the ground. I tried to scurry back up to my feet but something held me down. A hand. Someone was pushing on my back, keeping me from getting back up. A growl amerge from their chest, sending shivers down my spine.

"Get off me! Help! Someone help!" I screamed frantically.

Another growl. Then I felt a sharp pain in my back, like someone was stabbing me with a knife. Then they bent over, and I felt warm breath on my neck. Then, I'm guessing this animal-person-thing bit me. Hard. The pain was so intense. I screamed, but I lost my breath so easily. Then, everything faded to black.

**************************************

My eyes fluttered open, only to close again from the harsh light. I slowly opened my eyes, squinting against the light. Am I dead? Or did I live? Both wouldn't be too surprising.

"Dem?" I reconized the voice as my mother's. She sounded like she was crying. Typical worried mom.

"M-mom?" I coughed, pain shooting through my back and neck. I groaned, and opened my eyes all the way. I was lying on an all-white bed in an all-white room. A hospital.

"Oh, Dem! I was afraid- What were you- I'm so glad your okay..." she said. I knew she wanted to hug me, but knew she couldn't.

"Hey mom. I'm okay, just sore. Man, I don't know what-"

I was interrupted as my dad came in the room, making my mom tense up. My parents are divorced, so everytime my mom sees my dad she gets a little weird. I don't blame her though. "Dem, what in the world happened to you?!" he said protectively.

"I'm not sure" I answered. What did happen? What was that thing that attacked me?

"Honey, just rest. After your better you'll have to tell the police your story. We can wait until then." Mom said, then looked to dad, "Right, Drake?"

Dad nodded.

"Okay" I said. I layed back and closed my eyes, slowly fading into a deep sleep.

After two days in the hospital, the doctors agreed I could go home. I had bandages over my wounds, which strangely didn't hurt any more and were scabbed over. The doctors said the wound was so deep, they were surprised it healed so fast. I guess I'm lucky. On the way home, my mom took me to the local police station.

"Just answer a few of their questions, explain what happened. Then, we'll go home, okay?" mom told me.

"Alright."

We went up the cold brick stairs and into the police station, only to be greeted by a big burly officer, "Good morning, ladies. How can I help you?"

"We're here to file an attack report" my mother told the man.

"Right this way." He led us farther into the station and back into a little room. A desk sat on one side of the room with a chair and filing cabinettes in the back, then another two chairs on the opposite side of the desk. The oficer sat in the farthest seat and me and my mom sat in the two across from him.

I nervously pulled at the hem of my sweater. There was something about police that made me uncomfortable. Maybe the guns? The fact that they could kill you in seconds for no reason. Maybe the fact that they were everywhere in here?

"Who is the victim of the attack?" the officer questioned. According to the plaque on his desk, he was Officer John. How creative.

"I am" I spoke up.

"What's your name?" John asked.

"Dem Washington" I told him.

He copied my name onto a piece of paper.

"What damage was done?" he asked.

"A huge gash in my back and neck" I explained, motioning to the bandage on my neck.

He scribbled on the paper, "Where were you when you were attacked?"

"In the woods."

"When?"

"Last Thursday, around four" I said, looking around the room. Nothing special. Dingy, dusty, dull.

"Can you describe the attacker?" he questioned.

I paused, replaying the horrible accident. I cringed. "Um... I didn't really get to see the person. I'm pretty sure it was a male, from the sound. It seemed to... growl at me."

Officer John looked at me like I was crazy. "He growled at you?"

"From what I could hear, yes."

He wrote this down, "Okay. Can you describe the attack?"

"I was walking through the woods behind my house when I heard growling. I looked around and didn't see anything. Seconds later someone- something- had leaped onto my back, clawing me up. Then it bit my neck, and I blacked out."

He wrote, "So, its an animal attack?" he asked.

"Like I said, I'm unsure. Maybe, but it seemed too human to be an animal."

He read his paper, "Dem?"

I nodded.

"Dem, we've gotten a lot of reports of wolf attacks in the last month or so, and your description seems to match the description of the victims of wolf attacks."

I shook my head, my blonde hair shaking around my face and shoulders, "It was not human."

"Alright, I'll send in your report to be looked over. Thank you."

With that, me and my mom left. She didn't say much, probably contimplating my description.

Not human. Not human. Not human. I repeated in my head. It wasn't and I was sure. I was attacked, of all people, I would know what happened. Not some stupid police, who is totally clueless and careless to my matters. I will get to the bottom of this, I promised myself.