Chapter Eight- Missing you, while missing HIM

No POV

I stood motionless in the shadows at the edge of the forest, watching her from afar. She had just taken a step outside, and was now standing on her porch. It was late at night, and darkness had fallen hours ago, the moon was a waxing gibbus, the phase before the full moon. I was fearing the return of the full moon. It's the worst time of the month for my kind, and I was afraid of what might happen during the full moon this time. It was never good.

I watched as she took out her phone and checked over it, a disappointed look on her face as she did. She must be expecting a call. She put the phone away, then sat on a bench in her yard.

Dem's POV

I sat on the bench in my yard, enjoying the quiet darkness. I had been expecting to see a call or text from Justin, but I had no messages. I was a little disappointed, which suprised me. Why would I even think Justin would want to text me? I needed to talk to someone. I haven't seen Wolfy in a long time. I missed him. And now, I kinda missed Justin too.

I peered out into the dark, looking around. It was nice and peaceful. Crickets sung quietly, the stars hung brightly above. A quiet snort made me jump in surprise. I squinted my eyes and looked around in the dark, straining to see what made the sound. I saw movement in the woods a few yards from where I sat and stood up. A nervous feeling set in my stomach. Then, I thought, maybe it was Wolfy. I started to walk towards the trees, "Wolfy? Is that you?" I put a hand out in front of me, hoping to feel his fur as I walked.

There was a low growl, but I knew for sure it was my wolf. "Why are you growling? It's just me, don't worry." He snarled. "Fine, fine, I'll leave." I felt kind of hurt. I backed up slowly, murmuring, "I missed you, I came to visit and you weren't here...." Another low growl. I backed up another step.

"Dem!" my mom called from the porch.

My head shot up to look at her, then I looked back down to see Wolfy had disapeared into the night.

"What are you doing, Dem?" she wrapped her sweater tighter around her against the cold night-time breeze.

"Um... nothing, Mom..." I walked across the yard and up the porch steps.

"Nothing?" she turned to me, watching as I passed her and opened the door.

"Yes, nothing" I snapped through clentched teeth, going inside. I ran up the steps and into my room, locking the door. After changing into PJ's I flopped down on my bed, staring at my phone screen. "Fine," I sighed, whispering to myself, "I'll text you since you won't text me." I composed a new text message to Justin: Hey.

I waited patiently, staring up at the ceiling, my eyes tracing the cracks in it. My phone buzzed and I shot up, a smile splitting across my face. I felt my heart beat faster as I saw it was a reply from Justin, I opened it: Hey whats up?

I almost squeeled. He wants to know what's up! He cares! I quickly typed a reply: Bored out of my mind, what bout you?

His reply came quick, Hoping to get a text from someone Im bored too.

I held my pillow to my face and released a well built-up scream. He was hoping to get my text!!! My hands were shaking with excitment, making it hard to type a reply, Yeahh.

Did you meet up with Wolfy?

He cares!!! Yeah, he stopped by my house a minute ago. He wasn't in the mood to talk though.

Oh. You upset he didn't wanna talk?

It's like he can read my mind! Yeah a little but now I have you to talk to :) Did that sound too flirty? Like I was trying too hard? I hope not.

Haha yeah. So hows your school? I mean, since I'm gonna be going there soon.

I sighed, wishing I had enough confidence to explain to him I was a no one at school. Um its ok. Its school lol Idk. The food sucks. The teachers are annoyed by everything we do. Typical.

Hahaha seems like you love school! ;)

I almost had a freaking HEART ATTACK. He laughed at my joke AND put a winky-face. A Winky-face!!!!!! Yeah I totally do. I replyed sarcastically.

I can tell! Hows the kids there?

The kids? Oh no.... Not the nicest. In my opinion.

Really? Are they mean to you?

Do I tell him? I'll tell him another time.... No but ive seen them be mean. Lots of gossip. Just stay away from a girl named Marci.

Marci? Is she the mean one?

He has no idea. Yeah she hates me.

Why? I dont see anything to hate about you

I was surprised by his response. He thinks there's nothing to hate about me! Oh. My. God. I felt like I might pass out. Wow. Thanks Justin. It means alot for you to say that. But yeah shes a bitch.

Lol. In that case, I'll stay away from her.

haha :) ok. Thank God.

Sorry Dem I gtg. I'll txt you tomorrow! BYE!

I was a little disappointed he had to go, but was overjoyed we got to talk. Bye.

I layed back in my bed, snuggling into my pillow. I looked at the walls and thought of Justin in his green shirt.

<3

-------------------------------

SORRY EVERYONE ITS BEEN FOREVER! I LOVE ALL MY READERS! THANKS SO MUCH FOR BEING PATIENT!