Chapter Twenty One- Caught

Dem's POV

I watch out my window as my mom's car pulls out of the driveway. She's gone for work, and I'm free. I'm completely ready for Justin and our little mystery date. I wonder where we'll go. I walk down the stairs, nervously fixing my hair into a pony tail. I had thrown on leggings and a loose fitting gray tee. Casual. I wasn't sure what we were going to do today so I was ready for anything. I started myself a pot of coffee- maybe Justin will want a cup too. I was so excited to see him I could barely contain my excitement. He should be here any minute....

Moments later there was a knocking on the door. My heart skipped a beat and I pranced over to the door, unlocking and opening it. I was met with a grinning Justin, his eyes looking me up and down. He was wearing a white hoodie, joggers, and a beanie- he looked so good. "Hey, Dem."

"Hey, Justin" I gestured for him to come in and closed the door behind him. "How are you?"

"Great, now that I'm here" he grinned at me.

I rolled my eyes playfully, "of course." I led him into the kitchen. "I was making us coffee. You like coffee right?"

He trailed behind me, "of course. Can't go wrong with a coffee." He sat down on one of the stools by the granite island in the kitchen.

"I agree" I got down two mugs from the cabinet and poured one for each of us. "I have creamer if you like creamer?"

"Hell yeah."

After preparing both I handed him a mug and then sat down on the stool beside him. I took a few sips. "So, what's the move today?"

He watched me and shrugged, "not sure honestly. I would say go for a hike but I can't risk running into any of my family. Is there anything specific you feel like doing?"

"Oh yeah I didn't think of that.... Hm.... We could go see a movie? That's kind of corny. We could hike at the park? We wouldn't run into anyone there, would we?" I watched him as I continued to drink my coffee.

"Yeah, we'd probably be safe there honestly" he nodded, eyes meeting mine.

"Awesome."

There was silence for a couple moments as we each continued to drink our coffee. Light was streaming in through the windows, and you could hear the birds chirping outside. It was a beautiful day out. I was lost in thought when Justin snapped me out of it. "So... why are the girls at school so mean to you?" He asked, "there's got to be a reason. You're beautiful. Do they just envy you?" His brown eyes were searching mine. He still had a small scar under his left eye from that wolf attacking him.

I sighed. I hated even thinking about the whole situation. I hated school, I hated the girls there, I hated it all. "It's really a long story" I replied, setting my mug down. I nervously rubbed my hands together- they were starting to feel sweaty.

He rolled his eyes at me, "A long story- which you have all day to tell." He set his mug down also and turned more to face me. He patted my knee, "you can tell me anything, Dem."

I felt the honesty and sympathy in his voice, but I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Can I really trust him? Will he judge me? Then I got lost in thought- what if he knows what wolf attacked me that day? What if he knows why? My mind was racing.

"Dem!" He waved a hand and I snapped out of my trance.

"Sorry" I felt my face heat up. "Um... where do I start? I guess...." I trailed off. I don't even know how to properly explain.

"Dem" he placed a hand on my knee, bringing me back to reality. "Relax, take a deep breath. You're stressing yourself over a simple question."

I took a deep breath and nodded. He was right. It's not a big deal. "Okay, so... I was attacked. By something. Which now that apparently werewolves are a thing-" I cringed at the word, "I think it was one. And I told the police and that girl Marcie, the blonde one, her dad is an officer. He must have told her. And Marcie told the whole school and I've been harassed ever since." I said it all in one big breath. I just wanted to forget about it.