Chapter Fourteen- Justin?

Chapter Fourteen

Suddenly the big bad wolf pounced onto Wolfy, sending both of them rolling in the grass inches in front of me, I backed up, tripping and falling onto the ground. For a second I'm disoriented. All I can hear is their growls and yelps, flashes of teeth and stains of blood. I am in complete awe. I forget how huge and powerful they are. Even Wolfy is tall almost my height. I've never seen him be so mean... and terrifying. I quickly got back to my feet, my legs were shaking. Do I run? I want to help Wolfy.

The black wolf has its teeth latched onto Wolfy's neck, throwing him to the ground.

My head is spinning.

I think I might pass out.

I sit in the grass, unable to stand anymore.

Wolfy cries out in pain, but fights back, clawing and biting.

If I blink, I miss a lot.

Black wolf is on top, biting. I blink. Now Wolfy is on top, snarling.

I flinch as Wolfy is thrown onto the ground inches from me.

"Stop!" I cry.

He's weak, his fur is bloody.

The wolf doesn't listen and attacks, biting Wolfy's neck. Seeing that he is victorious, the wolf gives one last warning howl before running off.

I look down at Wolfy, who's whimpering in pain, laying on the ground. I crawl across the grass closer, gently touching his fur. "Oh my God.... What do I do?" I think. Treat him like you would a human. "I'll be right back!" I run inside, grabbing a wash rag and running it under cool water. I'm trying to hurry and my hands are shaking, slowing me down instead. I go back out to him, kneeling beside him. "I-I don't know what to do..." I want to cry because I'm scared and frustrated and confused. I hate this feeling.

Wolfy whimpers. His legs are twitching, and patches of his fur are missing.

"Wolfy...."

His eyes close and he cries in pain. I can hear his bones splintering and feel the tears. He's hurt really bad.

The cracks and cries don't stop, and he's starting to look different. His eyes are more almond shaped, his nose changing- everything looking more human.

I'm going crazy. I've passed out and this is a dream. I'm crying now, and tears are blurring my vision.

The creature in front of me- half human and half wolf- is scaring me. And it's not done changing. I squeeze my eyes shut. Please let this be over, let me wake up or something.

There's a groan- a very very human groan.

I'm hyperventilating.

"D-Dem..." the voice is weak, and I recognize it all too well as Justin's.

Maybe he heard the wolves and has come out of the woods to save me.

I open my eyes slowly, scared to look. Justin is laying in the grass where Wolfy was. His nose is bleeding, he's full of scratches- on his arms, chest and legs. His arm is bent weird. I think it's broken. And he's naked.

I quickly close my eyes again.

"Dem, you've gotta... help me" he says weakly. He can barely speak.

I shake my head. I'm dreaming. I'm sure of it now.

"Please."

I look at him, our eyes meeting. It really is him. I knew their eyes were oddly similar.

"W-what's going on?" I ask, my voice is quiet, shaking.

"I'll explain, just please... I need your help" he's holding an open wound on his chest, blood leaking from between his fingers.

I think I might hurl.

"I'll call an ambu-"

"No, no, you can't do that. Just, help me inside." His tone is serious, and at this moment I'm terrified of him.

I nod, deciding not to ask any questions but to just do as he says. He weakly sits up and I put his good arm around my neck, my arm around his middle, helping him stand. He groans in pain as I walk him up the porch steps and inside.

"Take me to the bathroom" he hangs on.

If I wasn't so confused, and my thoughts weren't so fast, I'd be loving having him so close.

I slowly walk him into the bathroom, and sit him in the tub as he asks me to.

"N-n-now what? What do I do?" my eyes flicker around the room, my mind racing with a thousand and one thoughts.

"Start the tub. Get me band-aids and any pain relievers you have" he's calm and talks slow, knowing this is hard for me. It's somehow calming.

I nod and turn on the warm water, rushing out of the bathroom.

Oh my God. He's naked for God's sake. Did you see those abs? Those hip bones? I tried convincing myself I didn't look any lower than that.

Stay focused.

I find some band-aids and gauze in my mom's closet, and grab a few Tylenol. I walk back into the bathroom. Justin is laid back in the tub, his eyes closed, still holding the open wound. I step over and stop the water, causing him to peek up at me.

Those eyes. Damn.

"Dem...."

And the way he says my name. His voice is so sexy.

"Dem?"

"Y-yeah?" I blink slowly, looking down.

"Thank you... I'll explain... just please, don't freak out..." he sounds desperate, hoping I won't shun him.

"I kinda am freaking out already" I take a deep breath, trying to stay calm, keeping my eyes down.

"I'm really sorry. I'm alright. I swear." He moves a little, making the water splash up on the sides of the tub.

"You're not alright Justin" I look at him, "you're bleeding... all over... and your arm is broken... really badly." I try not to gag. The water has gone red.

"It's okay. I can fix it. I'll be better by tomorrow."

I look back down, "I need to get you to a doctor, really soon too. You're losing a lot of blood and that arm looks nasty."

His good arm reaches out the tub and his wet hand takes mine, dripping on my lap. I hold his hand but don't look up.

"I'm okay" he reassures me, his thumb gently stroking the back of my hand.

I nod, "whatever you say." I pull my hand away. I haven't forgave him. He blew me off, then ignored me for a long time.