Chapter Six- Where's my wolf?

Chapter Six

Dem's POV

I skipped school today, telling my mom I felt sick. Once she was gone for work, I woke up from my imaginary sleep and flipped on the TV. I flicked through the channels, and as usual nothing good was on. I hopped up and made a bowl of Special K cereal. After I ate, I went up to my room and searched my closet. I threw on a pair of jean shorts, a black top, and my lucky red beanie. I put my hair in a side braid over my shoulder, then put on a little mascara. I skipped down the steps and pulled on my light gray cardigan and my sneakers, sliding my phone into my back pocket. I hopped out the door and onto the back porch, feeling the cool breeze on my face.

I tromped back into the woods, enjoying the view. The leaves were dropping now, but the weather was still warm. Maybe Wolfy will be back here waiting for me. I hope he will be, I have a surprise for him. Yesterday, while I was in town, I bought him a present. I was deep into the woods in a matter of minutes, but there was no sign of Wolfy. Usually he's near, or comes up to me. Where could he be? Maybe he went hunting or something.

"Where are you?" I heard a close voice.

I wiped around to see a boy emerging from the trees behind me. He held a phone to his ear, speaking in a quiet voice. He had golden brown hair, and wore shorts and a black and white top. Definately my age. He was looking down at the ground and didn't see me.

"Yeah, okay. I'll meet you guys there." He hung up, and when he looked up he froze in place.

"Oh! Sorry for scari-"

His eyes. His eyes were brown. Not just brown, but that lovely unforgettable brown. The same as Wolfy's.

"...scaring you" I finished.

"It-it's fine" he stuttered, looking nervous. His eyes never met mine, and as soon as I looked at him he immediately looked down.

"What are you doing all the way back here?" I wondered.

"Just, taking a... walk, that's all" he explained.

"Oh, okay."

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I was... looking for someone. A friend, actually. I usually meet him here, but he doesn't seem to be here today."

"That's a shame" he said sypathetically.

"Yeah. Well, I'll let you go now" I said, turning away.

"No!" he caught my shoulder, and I jumped, surprised. "I mean- who are you waiting for again?"

I stood confused for a second. "Oh, umm... my best friend. We always meet each other out here, and he's not here today."

"A boy?" he asked.

"Y-yeah" I told him. "I guess" I murmured.

"Hm?"

He must've heard that last part. "Huh, nothing."

"What's your name again?" he asked.

"Dem, you?"

"Justin. It's nice to meet you" he said with a kind smile.

"Uh, yeah" I grinned back.

He was really cute when he smiled.

"Well, bye" he turned away.

"Bye...."