Chapter Sixteen- Hide!

I listened to my mom steps across the floor, coming to the stairs, "Dem?"

"Um, upstairs mom!" I called back. I started pushing Justin towards my closet and he just kinda looked at me like I was crazy. "Hide!" I whisper to him. He makes a face and heads over to the closet, closing himself inside.

I hurry over and sit on my bed, trying to look casual. I take out my phone and pretend to be busy.

She walks in and I hold my breath.

"Hey Dem.... Were you... talking to someone..?" She asked, leaning against the door frame.

"Um, myself maybe?" I reply, staring at my phone screen.

"Oh, alright. How was your day?" She asks.

"Great, yeah, busy you know. I had lots to do...." It's true I guess.

"Like what?" She raises a brow at me.

"School stuff, ya know? Being in high school ain't easy." I was being way too jumpy. She was probably suspicious as shit.

"Oh okay.... Is everything alright?"

"Yeah. Of course." I answer too quick.

Her eyes scan the room and I pray she can't tell.

"Well I'm gonna shower or something so-" I start.

"Alright I'm going to make dinner. Be ready in thirty or so minutes." She smiles then leaves. I wait until I'm sure she's downstairs to get up and open the closet.

Justin is snickering at me.

"Shut up." I walk over and close the bedroom door.

"You really suck at lying" he laughs.

"Shh!" I shush him and sit on the bed.

He sits beside me, "so, what were we talking about?"

"You were about to go home" I think I'm blushing because my face got really warm and he's smirking way too hard. He's sitting too close.

"Oh, yeah. I better go" he gets up, still weak.

"You sure you can make it home...? Is it even safe for you to go out there?" I'm honestly worried about him.

"I'll be fine. Not the first time. But thanks." He opens my window.

"Okay..." I'm a little disappointed he's leaving but he doesn't need to know that, "I'll see you later I guess...?"

"Yep. Tomorrow. Same place" he winks and climbs out the window in a flash.

I sigh heavily.

Justin is Wolfy.

Wolfy is Justin.

Justin is a wolf.

I'm crazy. It's official.

(oops short sorry)