Chapter Thirteen- We Meet Again

Chapter Thirteen

I woke up and faked bad cramps to my mom, getting out of going to school. After eating some strawberries and a bagel for breakfast I went up into my room. I promised Wolfy I'd meet with him after my mom left for work- which is in less than twenty minutes. I got dressed in pale pink tights, an over sized white tee and pulled on my gray boots. My hair was a complete mess so I just tucked it up into a bun. I finished off by applying some eyeliner and mascara. Good enough. I huffed and went back down the steps, "Mom?" I called. No reply. I check the window and see her car is gone. Awesome. Making my way to the door I grabbed my phone, and my favorite purse- one with little diamond pins on it.

The air was cool on my arms and I wrapped them around me to stay a little warmer. Should've grabbed a sweater. I started walking across the yard when a bark made me look up. The little shit was sitting in the backyard, looking happy as can be.

"Hey Wolfy" I smiled as he came trotting up to me, "I haven't seen you in a while."

He barked.

I knelt down and pet his warm fur, "You seem pretty happy to see me."

He nuzzled up against my palm, his eyes closed.

"You're so cute" I giggled.

He opened his brown eyes to look up at me.

Gosh, those eyes. "Anyone ever tell you you have amazing eyes? Probably not... only freaks talk to animals."

He barked.

"I wish you could talk. This whole friendship would be so much easier" I sighed, standing up straight, fixing the purse strap that went across my shoulder. "So, what do you wanna do?"

He stood in the dewy grass, looking up at me.

"This is impossible" I rolled my eyes at how pathetic I truly was.

A howl made us look at each other. It didn't come from Wolfy. I turned around to face the woods. I didn't see anything. "What was that?" I look down at see Wolfy walking across the yard, toward the trees, sniffing the air. "Is it your friends?" Something made me think it wasn't.

Another howl.

Wolfy howled back, like a warning shot.

I watched him, deciding to stand back. Sometimes I forget that these are dangerous wild animals, not humans.

Wolfy backed up to where I stood, and I looked to see another wolf coming up from the trees, green eyes on us.

Wolfy growled- a nasty, scary sound erupting from his throat. The fur on his ruff was standing up, his paws planted in the grass.

The wolf approaching- one with black fur- growled too.

I was a little fascinated, just standing there, staring between them. Would they fight? Would they attack me?